PDA

View Full Version : Head Tracker Radio Support. List of supported radio and instructions

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Ltomi78
25th April 2013, 06:55 PM
Ok. So i can manage full ppm ratio with my 180 degree servo and er9x mix channal 6 for tilt servo. Setup at the end of the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiUqHar4eDc&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiUqHar4eDc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The HT does go full standard motion (1.04ms - 2.0ms). What you are gaining with the POT on the radio is the bit of adjustment on either end of the standard range. Not all radios can support more than the standard motion so the HT only supports standard motion.
New Trinity head tracker has an extended motion setting (0.8ms - 2.24ms) to work with radios that support it.

_juleq_
26th April 2013, 06:47 PM
Hi.

I have purchased a 9XR and an AttitudeSD and I am struggeling with getting the head tracker to work. Here is what I did so far:

0.) Soldered bridge to Futaba connector inside the 9XR
1.) Configured the Attitude to use Ch5/6
2.) Configured two mixers that use PPM5/6 and output to Ch7/8
3.) Tested with respect to 90 deg. safety feature and using 9XR monitor - Nothing
4.) Changed Attitude to Ch7/8
5.) Changed mixers to PPM7/8, still outputting on Ch7/8
6.) Tested: Nothing...

My trainer setting is off, but setting it on does not change these symptoms.

Any further idea? I am beginning to think that the head tracker might be defective (DOA, have not used it...). Any idea how to test it without logic analyzer/scope?

Thanks for input.

Ltomi78
26th April 2013, 07:38 PM
I think you shoul double check your soldered cable which is ground and ppm. It should be on the correct pin on both end of your csbke...see this video for futaba connector
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JINSEwH4k4I&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JINSEwH4k4I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And also see this for correct pins fot ps2 end of your cable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K55d3j8nahE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K55d3j8nahE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
hope it helps but fatshark vwill answer the Best

Hi.

I have purchased a 9XR and an AttitudeSD and I am struggeling with getting the head tracker to work. Here is what I did so far:

0.) Soldered bridge to Futaba connector inside the 9XR
1.) Configured the Attitude to use Ch5/6
2.) Configured two mixers that use PPM5/6 and output to Ch7/8
3.) Tested with respect to 90 deg. safety feature and using 9XR monitor - Nothing
4.) Changed Attitude to Ch7/8
5.) Changed mixers to PPM7/8, still outputting on Ch7/8
6.) Tested: Nothing...

My trainer setting is off, but setting it on does not change these symptoms.

Any further idea? I am beginning to think that the head tracker might be defective (DOA, have not used it...). Any idea how to test it without logic analyzer/scope?

Thanks for input.

Ltomi78
26th April 2013, 07:50 PM
Some ideas. Make the 3.5mm jack-ps2 cable and use the JR trainer port (instead of futaba port)on your 9xr according to the video I linked previously..to test headtracker.
(http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2501)

Or test with a turnigy 9x older version than your radio. Ask your friend with turnigy 9x to test your headtracker with ps2 - jack cable. If your tracker works you can find out whsts wrong with your soldered cable or bridge inside the radio using a multimeter to check ppm and ground connection

Its also important to power on the Goggle first than connect it to your radio with the jack cable than power on the radio last

_juleq_
27th April 2013, 06:30 AM
Thanks for the pinouts. Will do the 3,5mm cable in a few hours and test.

Your last statement was interesting: I have always powered them up together as I wanted to power the goggles by my 9XR. I read about the power up sequence in the manual but ignored it as I could not figure out a way to do that sequence with the power over cable approach :). Will try and get back.

Regarding the soldering: I can rule that one out, I have a background in digital circuity :).

Ltomi78
27th April 2013, 07:36 AM
Make video to show your solution:)

keep the powering order ..1power goggle. 2.cable jack to radio..3. Power the radio with on off switch!

FIrst I forget this order and HT worked bad..step by step motion etc...so foloww powering order

_juleq_
27th April 2013, 11:49 AM
Quick update, more later:

I got it to work. I may have a fried ppm input in my 9xr but that needs confirmation.

1.) Soldered bridge on Futaba connector, top left to bottom left.
2.) Cut one of the red wires of the connector (switched Vin)
3.) Soldered bridge on Futaba connector, top right to top middle (this makes both switched Vin and Vin unswitched -> Goggles always on as soon as plugged.
4.) This might be necessary just for me due to a defect: I had do exchange the white connectors that connect the plug boards with the middle board. They are almost identically layed out (except Vin switched is NC on the left) so that was no problem. The JR and Futaba connectors use different inputs at the uC, without this change I get no signal, with it it works.

Step 4.) was inspired by Ltomis suggestion to try the JR plug. That showed me that the HT is working fine and thus narrowed it down to this likely to be input defect (or I missed s.th.).

Can anybody confirm that the config is the same regardless of JR or Futaba being used? Thx

More later.

_juleq_
29th April 2013, 07:07 AM
I have made two videos. They are far from being tutorial grade, I had my daughter nagging and had to do two rounds as I seem to have one bad PPM input. If that is not the case and I missed a config detail, please tell me :).

9xr with AttitudeSD Fatshark Head Tracker
Pt1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK1LCm_6IV8
Pt2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2GCJVXm6_Y

Joshvm
1st May 2013, 05:49 PM
Hi All,

I'm trying to get my Fatshark Attitudes to work with a brand new Turnigy 9XR transmitter with an OrangeRX dsm2 module.

The problem I'm getting is that channels 1 - 4 are effected. The rudder, ailerons start jerking around. The plane even took off at one stage in my lounge room! :-0
The servos on channel 5 and 6 also move but almost like they are possessed.

I followed all the steps as found on this Youtube video -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JINSEwH4k4I

Just to confirm what I've tried
1. Turned trainer off
2. Changed Mixers on channels 5 & 6 to PPM5 and PPM6 respectively (also tried PPM7 & PPM8)
3. Checked and rechecked the soldering from top left to bottom left as per the vid
4. Ensured the futaba cable was plugged in to the goggles
5. Tested on two different recievers with various servos

Does anyone have any advice?
I reckon I've watched the Youtube tutorial 10 times and rechecked everything.

Happy to send a vid if someone tells me what to shoot.

Many Thanks
Josh

_juleq_
1st May 2013, 07:49 PM
Try rebinding. Check model setup (channel order). Check proto setting. Check module proto (refer to manual from Hobbyking for module).

This answer is short as I am on mobile. I had a really long answer written. I pressed reply to thread instead of post. All gone. Crappy UI design :(.

eSoarer
2nd May 2013, 05:14 PM
Hi FatShark, I am now up and running with the FatShark M.I.G. HT. I wish that I could identify exactly what I did that made the difference and got the M.I.G working. Here is a run down of what I did. I changed from using ch5&6 to channels 7 & 8. I did this on my radio and on the HT unit. I changed from using the spring loaded trainer radio switch to another three position toggle switch. In the radio trainer set up I did set ch 7&8 to "Func" and on the last page I made sure the setup was not "INH" but "Off" and set to the same switch I had set up for trainer (SG instead of SH) and also set to 8ch, not 12ch. AND I was in business; the camera started following the M.I.G. HT. I was shocked. None of this was anything that I don't think that I had already tried but now it is working. Thanks for the support. AirRyder2

I have EXACTLY the same set-up, apart from only using a tilt function on the camera, but I still can't get the HT to work at all. I have double checked all the settings a dozen times to no effect. Any idea what I could try next please ?

Joshvm
2nd May 2013, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the advice Juleq.

Here's a few other things I tried:
I've rebound on different receivers
Set up as different models
Reset the channels on the goggles via setup to be ch 7&8, then changed ch 7&8 to ppm5&6 respectively

Excuse my ignorance but what is the proto settings?

I hope it is as simple as proto settings.

Besides the proto setting my thoughts are that it could possibly be:
1. Bad soldering by me (although not sure why this would cause all channels 1-4 to move randomly)
2. Combination of orangerx module with dsm2 receiver and futaba cable from goggles to 9xr
3. A setting within 9xr
4. Fatshark goggles are faulty

I'm desperate to fix this after investing in a 9xr for the sole purpose of head tracking with fatshark!

Many Thanks
J

_juleq_
3rd May 2013, 04:11 AM
Hi Joshvm.

Sorry that I did not elaborate on my points, I was p***d off by me pressing the wrong button and it was late :). To the proto setting: When you set up a model, go to the setup screen 2/11 and scroll down until you see the item "Proto". This setting defines the "language" that the 9xr uses to talk to the module. You definetively want to set PPM there (the DSM settings are legacy, they are used if you reuse one of the old dumb modules that will not generate their RF-protocol by themselves). When you do so, you will also have the chance to choose a total of channels that will be included in the PPM. Use 8ch for now. When everything works you may increase here later, e.g. to use the 9th channel of a R910 RX.

If you have rebound and also checked the 9xr proto setting as above, we can rule them out.

You will have to narrow down the symptoms and their conditions down. Ask yourself questions like these:
1.) Does the model behave correctly when the Fatsharks are not plugged in?
2.) When exactly do the problems occur?
3.) Are the mixers set up correctly? You should have two default mixes here that map the source channels received from the Fatsharks (e.g. PPM7&PPM8) to your RXes channels (e.g. ch5 and ch6).
4.) Are your Trainer settings set to off? I can not say that for sure as I have not tested myself but I think that setting the trainer on might cause the source signals to be used twice: Once as a control stick override and once in the mixes set up.

If nothing has helped, we need more information on the issue and its circumstances of occurence.
Happy debugging, keep us posted :).

_juleq_
3rd May 2013, 04:36 AM
What you can do to rule out a HT malfunction: Check if moving the goggles moves the respective bars in the channel monitor. If not, you should do what I did: Read Ltomi78s last two posts and build a PS/2-3,5mmJR cable using a headphone plug and the PS/2->PS/2 cable included with your Fatsharks. Be sure to check the pinouts in the video Ltomi posted. In my (and his) case it was the red wire for ppm signal (solder it to the soldering pad of the frontmost contact of that 3,5mm plug) and the black one for GND (goes to the backmost contact soldering pad).

If you have done so:
1.) Check mixes
2.) Check channel settings of goggles
3.) Power on goggles
4.) Plug to TX
5.) Power on TX
6.) Check if movement of goggles moves the bars of the channel monitor
7.) If not, ensure googles are not in auto disengage (hold rocker switch down until you hear a single beep to engage them again
8.) Check 6.) again

If you have reached 8.): I am very sorry. You are in an infinite loop now :).

eSoarer
3rd May 2013, 05:24 AM
What you can do to rule out a HT malfunction: Check if moving the goggles moves the respective bars in the channel monitor. If not, you should do what I did: Read Ltomi78s last two posts and build a PS/2-3,5mmJR cable using a headphone plug and the PS/2->PS/2 cable included with your Fatsharks. Be sure to check the pinouts in the video Ltomi posted. In my (and his) case it was the red wire for ppm signal (solder it to the soldering pad of the frontmost contact of that 3,5mm plug) and the black one for GND (goes to the backmost contact soldering pad).

If you have done so:
1.) Check mixes
2.) Check channel settings of goggles
3.) Power on goggles
4.) Plug to TX
5.) Power on TX
6.) Check if movement of goggles moves the bars of the channel monitor
7.) If not, ensure googles are not in auto disengage (hold rocker switch down until you hear a single beep to engage them again
8.) Check 6.) again

If you have reached 8.): I am very sorry. You are in an infinite loop now :).

Thanks - that's helpful.
Before going any further and running through everything again - I set up a new model with just the FS channels operative and connected servos to all channels on the bench. Now I MAY be getting somewhere - because when I plug in the FS Dominator goggles all the servos go to full 100% movement. So I least I know I have a link between the HT module and the Tx / Rx. Any idea why the servos go to their max travel position though ?
Cheers
eSoarer

Forgot to say I'm using T8FG Tx, so presume all the pins are correctly connected.

_juleq_
3rd May 2013, 06:00 AM
Could you elaborate on your setup? Which channel is connected to what, etc.? Do you get this on all the channels? Does this TX have a on screen monitor that could tell you what it is sending to the module? Does everything work fine until you plug in your Dominators?

FYI: The setup that I am experienced with is an AttitudeSD connected via Futaba-Plug to a 9xr TX that uses an OrangeRX DSM module. R910 RX on the receiving side.

frere75
13th May 2013, 06:12 PM
Hello,

I don't find in this thread the solution to my issue.
I have a T8FG running in 2S (original battery). My Dominator google is powered in 3S because connected to my ground station.
I would like to run the head tracker but it seems that it is not possible with this configuration.
When I connect HT cable and the 3S power supply, the HT, does not work. If I cut the 3S, HT operates correctly but not the google (no image).
Do you have any idea to solve this issue ?

FatShark
13th May 2013, 09:45 PM
There is a voltage divider circuit with diodes which prevents the 3S you are supplying to the headset from reaching and frying your 2S radio. The same diodes are interfering with the HT signal. If you open the square Futaba connector and remove the wire from the power pin, it should work normal.
Edit: I don't understand why the goggles aren't working off the 2S. Can you elaborate?

quickpix
14th May 2013, 12:37 AM
There is a voltage divider circuit with diodes which prevents the 3S you are supplying to the headset from reaching and frying your 2S radio. The same diodes are interfering with the HT signal. If you open the square Futaba connector and remove the wire from the power pin, it should work normal.
Edit: I don't understand why the goggles aren't working off the 2S. Can you elaborate?

I have always used a 2 cell battery on my Dominators that they work fine also with the head tracker. They came with a 2 cell battery??

frere75
14th May 2013, 03:16 AM

I have removed the pin but it doesn't work. The 3S input powers the screens in the google. I have the beep of the HT but not movement of the pan and tilt servos.
I tried 2S on the main power input. If the Futaba cable is connected to Vout, then it operates correctly. If it is not, the HT does not work.
It seems that the main power supply cannot power the HT inside the google.

Do you have any idea ?

FatShark
14th May 2013, 09:30 PM
Honestly, I don't know. Trying to get the HT working with some radios can be a real test of my patience. Can you remind me in what setup the head tracker does work with your radio?

frere75
15th May 2013, 05:53 AM
Finally I have found an intermediate solution.
I have connected on the Futaba square connector a Lipo 3S, with positive power wire disconnected from the connector. The google is supplied by this LIPO. The HT is woorking well. However when I connect another 3S lipo on the main power input, the HT stop working till the disconnection.
It seems that the electronic prioritizes the HT power input. If another on is put, HT is disengaged.

FatShark
15th May 2013, 06:27 AM
Doesn't sound like the prettiest solution but it gets you flying. I'd like to understand why it won't work just powering the goggles off the 2S Futaba pack though. That should be a clean, simple solution.

Joshvm
16th May 2013, 05:34 PM
Hey again,

I've tested all the variables mentioned on this forum and the fatshark goggles are still effecting channels 1-4 (throttle, aileron, rudder, elevator) when plugged in.

Just to recap.

When the goggles are not plugged into the trainer port the plane behaves perfectly.
I've also got the pan / tilt servos moving great with the p2 & p3 dials on the 9xr.

As soon as I retry with the fatsharks plugged in all other channels go crazy moving back and forth.

Here's some things I've checked:
Trainer is switched off
Proto is on PPM 8 channel
Ch 5 has been set to ppm 5
Ch 6 has been set to ppm 6
Reset the fatshark goggles to ch 5&6
I've even changed channels 1-6 to ppm1 - ppm7 so that the
Also assigned nothing to ch 1-4 and set ch 5&6 as ppm5&6 respectively.

The same issue occurs for all scenarios.

I'm using a 9xr, orangerx dsm2, futaba trainer cable to ps/2.
Also did the soldering mod inside the radio where the futaba cable plugs in.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

Is it possible to set up the JR cable to run from 9xr trainer port to fatshark ps/2?

I can send photos and vids if this hels anyone diagnose further?

This is a mega challenge!

Joshvm
23rd May 2013, 06:11 PM
Ok. We have a result!

Hours, days, weeks of pulling hair out over futaba training cable / 9xr radio = zero success

2 mins with Jr 3.5 to ps/2 = success!

Thank god

Next purchase is smooth digital servos to reduce pan tilt jitter

quadprops
24th May 2013, 09:54 AM
If I switch on my Attitude goggles whilst holding down HT button and then release I get 4 short beeps followed by another short beep. If I just power up the goggles I get exactly the same 4 short beep followed by another short beep. Is my HT button not working?

Ltomi78
24th May 2013, 10:29 AM
Check it by your rc radio that if you can send ppm signal your HT works..dont care with beeps. ..check it

Ltomi78
24th May 2013, 10:37 AM
Check it by your rc radio that if you can send ppm signal your HT works..dont care with beeps. ..check it
Here is my video checking how ht works with Turnigy 9x (FlySky th9x) and er9x firmware. At the beginning of video you can hear one beep when i activate HT with ht button an than see the bars moving on lcd. Maybe you dont plug correcly the Ht Jr-ps2 cable to the attitude goggle? Thatswhy you here four beeps. ..but first check the ppm signal like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiUqHar4eDc&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiUqHar4eDc&feature=youtube_gdata_player in the video

Ltomi78
24th May 2013, 10:39 AM
Sorry you want to go into the setup menu? Holding Ht meanwhile powering on the goggle?

quadprops
28th May 2013, 03:59 AM
That's the problem, when I press the HT button nothing happens, whether or not I am switching on or just trying to invoke HT mode. I think the button does not work

gizmo3000
29th May 2013, 06:46 AM
I figured I'd try out head tracking now that I have a gimbal on the way, but can't figure out if it will even work with the Futaba T8J? (it's not on the list, but it's not on the no-work list either?).

And if so, while I can get the menu beeps with I turn on power while holding the HT button, pressing a 2nd time doesn't seem to do anything. :confused:

FatShark
29th May 2013, 08:09 AM
Please post a link to the English manual for your radio and I will review it for compatibility.

gizmo3000
29th May 2013, 08:12 AM
Please post a link to the English manual for your radio and I will review it for compatibility.

here it is. thanks
http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/8j-manual.pdf

FatShark
30th May 2013, 08:20 AM
here it is. thanks
http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/8j-manual.pdf
The radio has the same trainer function as the other Futaba radios that support it. Follow the standard Futaba setup instructions and you should be good to go. Pressing the HT button a 2nd time while in the menu selects the setting and exits.

Saleen880549
1st June 2013, 08:17 PM
Hi, would the Walkera 2801 Pro work with the head tracker?

http://www.rcvliegshop.eu/exploded_view/WK2801PRO.pdf

Thanks,

Brian

FatShark
1st June 2013, 11:21 PM
I'm going to say no. The Walkera training function only works between 2 walkera radios so you'd need to have the right connector and the data link protocol would need to be known by my head tracker.

I found this from another forum (Walkera FPV goggles would be compatible with same systems as ours):
WALKERA goggles are compatible with the following WALKERA radio systems: DEVO-F4/F7, DEVO-6/7/7E/8S/10/12S.

Doesn't seem your radio is on Walkera's list for head tracker compatibility

Saleen880549
2nd June 2013, 12:31 PM
I'm going to say no. The Walkera training function only works between 2 walkera radios so you'd need to have the right connector and the data link protocol would need to be known by my head tracker.

I found this from another forum (Walkera FPV goggles would be compatible with same systems as ours):
WALKERA goggles are compatible with the following WALKERA radio systems: DEVO-F4/F7, DEVO-6/7/7E/8S/10/12S.

Doesn't seem your radio is on Walkera's list for head tracker compatibility

OK, thanks for checking..... guess the walkera will be for my quad and get something else for my plane. or set up my quad with something else too... want to get your goggles /head tracker soon.

Brian

DaleS
2nd June 2013, 02:00 PM
Thank you for the updated list. With this information maybe there is a new Dominate HD headset in my future.

P3R
4th June 2013, 05:35 AM
Do the Futaba 12Z work with Head Tracking?

Manual Link:
http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/12z-manual.pdf

socratic
4th June 2013, 02:16 PM
I am trying to setup my Fat Shark Attitude SD goggles. I have gone through my radio and (hopefully) have that set-up properly. I am using CH 7 and 8 on my receiver and need to set the goggles for 6 short beeps. I am not able to get into program mode. Here is what I have tried. While holding down head tracker button (on left most top) I plug in fully charged battery and release button as soon as I plug in power. I then am getting 2 long beeps followed by one short beep then nothing. Advice? Thanks.

Update: After unplugging the battery and waiting about 10 minutes, I tried one more time, just for grins. And it went into menu mode this time. So, problem solved, just not sure why....? Now to try it out.

socratic
4th June 2013, 03:35 PM
Not sure what I might have incorrectly configured. Got the head tracker set to the correct number of beeps. Have a Futaba radio and configured training for the channels I am using and set to FUNC . Using the defalut SH spring loaded switch (tried on a different switch also). ACT to OFF.

When I flip the switch with everything hooked up the camera swings about 45 degrees. When I flip it off, it goes back where it was. I move goggles and the pan/tilt does nothing. I can see the image in the goggles. I also tried to center the camera but the HT button did nothing (no centering or beeping). Any hints as to what I should do to troubleshoot? Thanks.

FatShark
4th June 2013, 10:44 PM
If the camera is swinging to 45 with the trainer enabled then something isn't set up right. Might be a mixing thing. Which Futaba model are you using? Can you post a photo of the trainer setup screen settings?

socratic
5th June 2013, 08:29 AM
If the camera is swinging to 45 with the trainer enabled then something isn't set up right. Might be a mixing thing. Which Futaba model are you using? Can you post a photo of the trainer setup screen settings?

I am using the Futaba T8FG with the updated firmware. Below are my settings. I have tried both 100% and 50% on each servo. The inconsistency of why it works for a few seconds then won't work again baffles me also.

Are you able to view a video? Or Skype? I could upload or show you exactly what I am doing - must be something simple. Thanks.

walksonsun
5th June 2013, 09:03 AM
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?16684-video-of-my-attitude-headtracker-to-futaba-7c-transmitter-linking-problem

walksonsun
6th June 2013, 01:23 PM
Thanks fatshark tech. your suggestion to power up the transmitter and then the headset has fixed the problem for me. everything is working fine now. my headset is version 5 by the way. im gonna go into the menu and disable the auto disengage for now and see how that works out for me. Maybe this will fix your problem also socratic.

FatShark
6th June 2013, 09:09 PM
Fantastic. Thanks for letting me know!

FPVguy
8th June 2013, 09:26 PM
Success with the Walkera DEVO 6s and FatShark Attitudes with HeadTracker

I purchased the FatShark to Spectrum cable. figured I might as well plug it in before I started thinking about pin-outs. worked out of the box. goggles showed up on 5 and 6 default.

Setup: the head-tracker in the Devo6 radio, click on the large airplane or helicopter logo. then scroll down to the TRAINER option.
Enable ch 5 and 6.
I selected GEAR for the enable. (because I also use the gear switch for the timer and don't have landing gear to worry about anyway)

Use: Connect the spectrum cable to the goggles - and to the radio. Power the goggles first then the radio.

When the radio start up there is a green rectangle with a X in it. that means "trainer connected" when you flip the gear switch down (or whatever switch you picked) the X will change to a check mark.. now the goggles have taken over ch 5 and 6. have fun.

You can see the effect by going into the airplane logo, then scroll down and click on MONITOR, that will show the channels.

FatShark. suggestion.. I have been reading through these posts. may I suggest making the different radios listed links to the individual posts explaining how to setup that radio.

For my christmas list.. on my old teleporters, they had a build in tx which I have used for gimbal-operator. :-) I wish for a small tx 2ch which can plug straight into the plug on the newer goggles.

Happy Flying.

Joshvm
9th June 2013, 03:47 PM
its not easy. this guy figured it out (thank you MrArron):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JINSEwH4k4I

Word of warning. This mod to the 9xr caused me to lose a plane.
Strangely it caused the elevator to go up when I used left rudder.
Plane took off and veered to right. I hit left and hardcore nosedive.. Nothing but foam!

I scratched my head for ages.. Almost crashed another plane when the sporadic issue popped up during pre flight checks on my next plane. I took the back off the 9xr.. Cut the cable and the issue stopped immediately.

BTW, I now have head tracking working perfectly using the JR cable without the mod.

Ricky971
9th June 2013, 05:00 PM
<table id="post25222458" class="tborder user-postbit-left-user" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt2" id="td_post_25222458">Hi everybody,
I've received my brand new 9XR with M128 chip and my Attitude goggles with MIG V5 head tracker.
I've got Open9X firmware.
First thing I've done is to modify Futaba port as showed on Youtube.
Then I've connected my Attitude with PS2/Futaba cable and setted PPM5 and PPM6 for channels 5 and 6, where pan and tilt servos are connected.
Gggles switches on with the radio, but all the servos connected to the receiver (also rudder, ail and elev) stutter and doesn't accept stick inputs anymore.
If I disconnect goggles, servos work good.
Now, after few tests, servo doesn't stutter anymore even if goggles are connected, but there's no way to let work HT.
It's not in pause mode and I've tried all configs for all channels.
Help!
</td></tr><tr valign="bottom"><td class="user-postbit-bottom-user">http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/images/beta/statusicon/icon-status-online.png http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/images/beta/buttons3/icon-pm.png (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&userid=406170&quotepost=25222458) http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/images/beta/buttons3/icon-search.png (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&userid=406170)

</td><td class="alt2_bottom" align="right"> http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/images/beta/buttons3/edit.gif (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=25222458)</td></tr></tbody></table>

FatShark
9th June 2013, 10:26 PM
I really can't help with the 9XR beyond the provided video links. The unmodified radio doesn't support head tracking so getting our head tracker to work with the radio is more under the category of hacking. I hope someone can start a thread under a Turnigy support forum for this.

Joshvm
10th June 2013, 03:19 AM
<table id="post25222458" class="tborder user-postbit-left-user" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt2" id="td_post_25222458">Hi everybody,
I've received my brand new 9XR with M128 chip and my Attitude goggles with MIG V5 head tracker.
I've got Open9X firmware.
First thing I've done is to modify Futaba port as showed on Youtube.
Then I've connected my Attitude with PS2/Futaba cable and setted PPM5 and PPM6 for channels 5 and 6, where pan and tilt servos are connected.
Gggles switches on with the radio, but all the servos connected to the receiver (also rudder, ail and elev) stutter and doesn't accept stick inputs anymore.
If I disconnect goggles, servos work good.
Now, after few tests, servo doesn't stutter anymore even if goggles are connected, but there's no way to let work HT.
It's not in pause mode and I've tried all configs for all channels.
Help!
</td></tr><tr valign="bottom"><td class="user-postbit-bottom-user">http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/images/beta/statusicon/icon-status-online.png http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/images/beta/buttons3/icon-pm.png (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&userid=406170&quotepost=25222458) http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/images/beta/buttons3/icon-search.png (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&userid=406170)

</td><td class="alt2_bottom" align="right"> http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/images/beta/buttons3/edit.gif (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=25222458)</td></tr></tbody></table>

Hi Ricky,
I had the exact same problem and crashed a plane as a result.
I have since removed the mod all together.
Head tracking now works after purchasing the JR trainer cable PS/2 to 3.5mm.

My guess is that the YouTube mod only works with certain 9xr modules or older version!?

Good luck

Ricky971
10th June 2013, 07:50 AM
Thanks a lot,
I'll do it immediately!
Do You have a link to buy this cable?
Thanks again!

FatShark
11th June 2013, 08:53 PM
Hi Ricky, start a ticket at www.fatshark.com/support and we'll arrange a cable.

Ricky971
12th June 2013, 03:46 AM
Many thanks,
I've a ticket opened for the image memory.
Do I have to open another one?

FatShark
13th June 2013, 06:05 AM
Please open up another one, topic is separate.

whirlywizz
13th June 2013, 06:51 AM
I purchased a set of predator goggles a while ago now and have only just got around to testing the HT function, but it doesn't appear to be working, i get no beeps from the headset at all to indicate any kind of setup.
I am using a turnigy 9x radio and have followed all the instructions listed here. Can you help?

FatShark
13th June 2013, 09:49 PM
Which version Predator did you buy? Head tracker only shipped with V1 (black overlay) a ways back. V2 (grey overlay) doesn't have head tracking.

whirlywizz
14th June 2013, 08:34 AM
Its the V1 that I have.

Juerwotow
15th June 2013, 10:16 AM
Hello all!! I want to ask you for the compatibility with the turnigy 9XR, I cant make to work, I even make the brico in the futaba cable, but it doesn't work.
Is it any advance? thank you!! I am looking forward for using the HT.

FatShark
16th June 2013, 10:00 PM
its been covered several times. Please use the search functions.

laser2
18th June 2013, 12:13 PM
Hello,
I'm new here and new in FPV.
I have a FUTABA T8FG, a Fatshark Dominator with Head Tracker.
My problem is that the servos controlled by HT always move (they have "wagging motions"), even if the Dominator doesn't move....
What is the problem ...?

FatShark
18th June 2013, 10:11 PM
No idea. Can you post a video? Does the head tracker have any control over the servos?

laser2
19th June 2013, 05:23 AM
Yes it has. It seemed to be a problem of power. If the goggles are powered with a 3S Lipo it does this ....:

http://youtu.be/Jj6iisVajGc

With a 2S lipo, it's not so violent.

This morning, I 've tried to power only with the radio cable, and it seemed to be better, but the electricity consumptionis high so the radio falls to 7,2V and beeps

FatShark
19th June 2013, 06:07 AM
1) you can't power from the headset battery pack and the RC controller at the same time. It cuts the return ground path and causes havoc with your PPM signal.
2) you can't power the goggles from the stock RC pack, you need to upgrade it to a lipo pack to handle the extra power and avoid voltage drop.

laser2
19th June 2013, 06:23 AM
Thank you for your response.

OK for 1) (but sorry I don't understand "havoc" ... )

For the 2), my radio is already with lipo 2S.
In my video, the voltage drop down rapidly when connected to goggles .

FatShark
21st June 2013, 12:40 AM
Does the headset beep when the radio battery is fully charged? At what point does the headset start beeping? It would be a good idea to do a test where you fully charge the lipo battery and time how long it takes before it starts beeping and compare that to the estimated radio + headset consumption to make sure its as expected.

laser2
21st June 2013, 01:09 AM
When the lipo in radio is charged, it indicates 8,2 -8,4 V.
When i fly , without FPV, I have nearly 8 -9 hours of battery life (with the
stopwatch on the radio)

Yesterday, just for my trials, the voltage drop down to 7,7V in 1 hour.
The HT starts beeping at 7,7V.
When I stopped, the voltage rised at 7,8V.

This morning, when I put the radio on, the voltage was at 7,7V.
The HT doesn't beep during a few minutes, and begins to beep, always at 7,7V.

FatShark
21st June 2013, 02:59 AM
The 2S RC packs became popular after releasing the goggles. As they were originally intended to be powered off either 2S headset battery and 3S RC radios, reverse protection diodes were installed onto the head tracker socket/Vin board to prevent 12V from touching the 7V4 (which is why the head tracker won't work if powering off the battery and connected to the radio). The same diode will cause a voltage drop and will prematurely set off the low battery voltage warning as its set to detect low 7.4 headset battery which doesn't have a the voltage drop from the diode.
Basically you have 2 choices: 1) make sure your RC battery is fully charged before flying so it doesn't set off the low voltage alarm or 2) modify the Vin PCB and jump the diode which will eliminate the voltage drop and not set off the alarm. Of course if you make the mod, after you will need to be careful not to plug your headset battery and radio power in at the same time (well, only if using with a 3S radio anyway).

zaraja
21st June 2013, 07:28 AM
Does HT works with futaba 6j? I read all the forums but never find any th
ing specific to futaba 6j.

FatShark
22nd June 2013, 09:41 PM
Does HT works with futaba 6j? I read all the forums but never find any th
ing specific to futaba 6j.
Sorry to keep making you jump around, but can you please post a link to the radio's manual so I can review it to see if it supports it? Thanks.

zaraja
25th June 2013, 01:58 PM
I can't post the link here. I don't know why. I am trying to from the last 2 days. You can easily find it just google it.
I will appreciate your reply.

hpcoolahan
25th June 2013, 11:06 PM
Here you go

clicky linky

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/6j-manual.pdf

FatShark
26th June 2013, 12:57 AM
Futaba 6J does not support head tracking (only has selective channel mixing on primary channels 1-4).

zaraja
26th June 2013, 06:27 AM
No it supports mixing Upto 6 channels. Infact I am using channel 1 and channel 6 for Alleron mixing as I am using two servos without Y harness.

FatShark
26th June 2013, 08:56 PM
No it supports mixing Upto 6 channels. Infact I am using channel 1 and channel 6 for Alleron mixing as I am using two servos without Y harness.

Manual says it supports 6 channels in all or nothing mode (i.e. hands 100% control to student). Selective channel assignment is limited to the 4 primary channels. If you can make it work please post how to do it here for the benefit of others and I will update the support list. Thanks.

Skillz40
27th June 2013, 05:58 PM
Has anyone been successful modified the cable for the dx8 for the attitude goggles with head tracking

FatShark
27th June 2013, 09:09 PM
Has anyone been successful modified the cable for the dx8 for the attitude goggles with head tracking

Why not use the JR data cable accessory to connect the headset to the radio?

psy100
28th June 2013, 02:39 PM
Hi I have a futaba t8j radio and fatshark attitude sd headset with cable between back of radio and round plug on goggles. Followed instructions about trainer setups etc. No responce from head tracking, what am i doing wrong? is there a way i can set googles to see if its the radio or the goggles?

socratic
28th June 2013, 03:03 PM
Hi I have a futaba t8j radio and fatshark attitude sd headset with cable between back of radio and round plug on goggles. Followed instructions about trainer setups etc. No responce from head tracking, what am i doing wrong? is there a way i can set googles to see if its the radio or the goggles?

It took me a while to figure out how to get everything working correctly. Too many variables! First double check to be sure the radio is set up correctly. I reassigned the switch so I wouldn't have to hold the trainer switch in position - you may want to do that - but after you know everything is working. Be sure you are on a good channel - are you seeing video? I also found that the manual was not accurate in that it says the tracking is activated upon power up. I found that I needed to press the tracking button as if centering (one beep) then the camera was activated - it DID NOT activate with power up only - I must press button and hold down until I hear a beep. Hopefully you will get it working....post if you need more help. Good luck.

psy100
29th June 2013, 09:21 AM
It took me a while to figure out how to get everything working correctly. Too many variables! First double check to be sure the radio is set up correctly. I reassigned the switch so I wouldn't have to hold the trainer switch in position - you may want to do that - but after you know everything is working. Be sure you are on a good channel - are you seeing video? I also found that the manual was not accurate in that it says the tracking is activated upon power up. I found that I needed to press the tracking button as if centering (one beep) then the camera was activated - it DID NOT activate with power up only - I must press button and hold down until I hear a beep. Hopefully you will get it working....post if you need more help. Good luck.

Finally got it working. I had the trainer setting to on where it should be set to off and the trainer top right switch pulled up. Thanks for the help!

juliogdiana
1st July 2013, 02:17 PM
I have a problem with Turnigy 9x with ER9X FrSky firmware.
Tried everything and doesn`t work. I have a Fat Shark Teleporter RTF kit. The head tracker work perfect when the Rx is on the plane, but when I go to use the trainer port, it doesn`t work. I have already setup the mix with ppm 6 to ch 6 and nothing.
My servo bars on TX doesn`t move. I am suspect that I have no PPM from HT Rx.
Anyone has the same problem here? I have see many posts on different foruns but no solution.

Thanks for help me.

Red
1st July 2013, 03:08 PM
Hi All,

I'm having a small problem that I hope is an easy fix.

BASE goggles
M.I.G Tracker
DX8

I've got it all working, but it only works for a few seconds then beeps and quits. The radio still works, but the tracker quits. I've tried a different battery with same results so I can eliminate that, any ideas? Also is there any way to set it up where I don't have to depress the trainer button for the tracker to work?

Cheers
Red

EDIT: I realize now that I'm entering the safety cut-off by exceeding the tilt.

Red
2nd July 2013, 03:37 PM
Back to square one today. I can't get it to work at all now. First I lost the pan function and now tilt too, nothing works.

I've reset everything and tried different models...
I've double checked battery charge state...
Tried other servos....

When it was working, the tilt function was backwards, so I was messing around trying to get that reversed. I can't help but think I've inadvertently entered some strange programming state or something for it not to work at all. When I plug it in initially, I get two long and one short beeps. Not sure where to go next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Red

FatShark
3rd July 2013, 12:34 AM
2 long beeps and one short beep is the sound V5 makes when it starts up. Your head tracker is working normal. You can try restoring the factory defaults on the head tracker.

Red
3rd July 2013, 01:09 PM
Restored the defaults, all is well.

Thanks
Red

FreiGuy
4th July 2013, 08:00 AM
When I depress trainer button on my DX8, the servo pans to the left just shy of 90 degrees and then the head tracking works. When I let up on the button it swings back to point forward. What do I have to do so that when I depress the trainer button to activate Head Tracking, the camera continues to point forward?
I can only find adjusting the servo center with reference to the Turnigy 9X radio in the instructions. Not sure that's actually the problem. Seems like the tilt feature servo doesn't readjust.
I have a Spektrum DX8, AttitudeSD goggles, proper HT cable purchased. I have pan & tilt set to channels 7 & 8 and went into the menu to wait for the 6 short beeps to change it. Also had to change the pan direction. All that went as planned.
I've seen a lot of talk on this site about disengaging the HT feature. My guess is that the HT feature while using the DX8 only works when I have the trainer button depressed????

Please help.

FatShark
5th July 2013, 05:07 AM
When I depress trainer button on my DX8, the servo pans to the left just shy of 90 degrees and then the head tracking works. When I let up on the button it swings back to point forward. What do I have to do so that when I depress the trainer button to activate Head Tracking, the camera continues to point forward?
I can only find adjusting the servo center with reference to the Turnigy 9X radio in the instructions. Not sure that's actually the problem. Seems like the tilt feature servo doesn't readjust.
I have a Spektrum DX8, AttitudeSD goggles, proper HT cable purchased. I have pan & tilt set to channels 7 & 8 and went into the menu to wait for the 6 short beeps to change it. Also had to change the pan direction. All that went as planned.
I've seen a lot of talk on this site about disengaging the HT feature. My guess is that the HT feature while using the DX8 only works when I have the trainer button depressed????

Please help.

That is something I have absolutely no control of - that's the radio settings. Keep the trainer switch activated at all times and use the head tracker pause function on the headset. That's why the feature exists.

Ricky971
8th July 2013, 07:07 PM
I've removed the Futaba port mod and today I've tested an Hobbyking PS2/3.5mm cable that a friend gave me for a test but the situation is the same: no PPM input from Attitude for HT.
I hope that the PS2/3.5mm cable that Fatshark arranged for me (thanks again) is different from the Hobbyking's one, otherwise I suspect that I've fried my 9XR PPM input...

FatShark
8th July 2013, 08:28 PM
I've removed the Futaba port mod and today I've tested an Hobbyking PS2/3.5mm cable that a friend gave me for a test but the situation is the same: no PPM input from Attitude for HT.
I hope that the PS2/3.5mm cable that Fatshark arranged for me (thanks again) is different from the Hobbyking's one, otherwise I suspect that I've fried my 9XR PPM input...
Its the same cable. It very well might be the I/O port of the HT IC has been fried. If you have access to a Futaba radio that would be the fastest way to test to see if all is working well.

Ricky971
9th July 2013, 08:18 AM
Thanks.
So, bad luck for me, if this is the problem... :(
I don't have the possibility to check HT with a Futaba radio (I live in a small village and I'm the only one with this hobby), but I've already wrote on my ticket, opened for LCD memory effect, that I can send You goggles next week, because I'll be totally busy for ten days and I won't have time to use it.
When You'll receive goggles, You can check both, LCD memory effect (very fastidious most of all with menus) and HT signal output.
For the moment, thanks.

Ricky971
11th July 2013, 11:45 AM
Hi Fatshark,
I've written in my opened ticket that I can send the goggles for the UK center check, but I had no answer.
Tomorrow is the last day for me to make the shipping, then I'll be in the sea for a couple of week.
I'd like to use these two weeks to let You check the goggles because I cannot use them in that period.
Can You help me?
Thanks.

FatShark
11th July 2013, 10:12 PM
Sure, send that exact same message in your ticket, which will flag is as needing a response.

Ricky971
12th July 2013, 03:39 AM
Hi Fatshark,
I got the answer, I'm running to the post office!
Thanks!

ton
12th July 2013, 04:25 AM
Just managed to get my hands on a nice new Attitude. Its working fine except HT, try to connect it to my Futaba T14MZ but giving it up after 3 days of trying. My idea is that the cable delivered with the Attitude for Futaba is not correct. Where can i order a new one and where to get a step by step instruction to get it working without reading 35 pages form this topic?

FatShark
12th July 2013, 06:14 AM
Just managed to get my hands on a nice new Attitude. Its working fine except HT, try to connect it to my Futaba T14MZ but giving it up after 3 days of trying. My idea is that the cable delivered with the Attitude for Futaba is not correct. Where can i order a new one and where to get a step by step instruction to get it working without reading 35 pages form this topic?

No need to read 35 pages. Just read the 1st page of this thread where it makes special notes about the T14MZ. Your included cable is correct.

ton
12th July 2013, 06:38 AM
Thanks for answer, I read the first page for 1000 times during the last 3 days. Today I find out that the cable is wired for PPM feedback and not for giving only the 2 signals for P/T unit and there its going wrong in my perception. what I need is only those 2 signals going to my T14 and this will not work with this cable (i think?) Also find out that the HT unit from my Attitude is not giving any signals out (anymore?), also the button to program the HT unit is not working as mentioned in the manual. Is there good news, yes there is, the image is great and the best there is! For the meantime i solved my HT problem by fixing a new HT wireless unit on the Attitude that worked in 5 minutes? I ordered a second Attitude and will send the first one back for service when i receive the new one. If there is somebody who has a clear connection diagram and how to program the T14MZ then please be welcome. Till that time it's flying whit a separate HT unit......

daggad
12th July 2013, 12:28 PM
The first page claims that the 9XR will not work unless modifications ia done within the radio itself.
But am I missing something..? I connected the HT (trinity) to my 9XR and it worked just as on the 9X..

FatShark
12th July 2013, 09:47 PM
Thanks for answer, I read the first page for 1000 times during the last 3 days. Today I find out that the cable is wired for PPM feedback and not for giving only the 2 signals for P/T unit and there its going wrong in my perception. what I need is only those 2 signals going to my T14 and this will not work with this cable (i think?) Also find out that the HT unit from my Attitude is not giving any signals out (anymore?), also the button to program the HT unit is not working as mentioned in the manual. Is there good news, yes there is, the image is great and the best there is! For the meantime i solved my HT problem by fixing a new HT wireless unit on the Attitude that worked in 5 minutes? I ordered a second Attitude and will send the first one back for service when i receive the new one. If there is somebody who has a clear connection diagram and how to program the T14MZ then please be welcome. Till that time it's flying whit a separate HT unit......

What do you mean you are using a separate wireless head tracker now? Does the new head tracker work through the T14MZ or independently? The T14MZ settings are same as all Futaba radios except that it has to be in 8 channel mode.

hpcoolahan
13th July 2013, 12:09 AM
The first page claims that the 9XR will not work unless modifications ia done within the radio itself.
But am I missing something..? I connected the HT (trinity) to my 9XR and it worked just as on the 9X..

if you use the jr headtracker cable it will work ok.
If you use the futaba plug headtracking cable , thats when you have to do the modification i believe.

Reliku
16th July 2013, 04:30 PM
Hi,
Will the attitudeSD head tracker work with a futaba FF8? (pretty old but it still works like a charm)

FatShark
16th July 2013, 09:09 PM
not sure, please post a link to the English manual and I'll look at it.

Reliku
17th July 2013, 12:22 AM
Couldn't find an online manual. Is there a specific feature that the radio should have? I could take a look in the paper manual but it's be hell to scan and upload it, so maybe I can take a look myself?

EDIT: I've done some more research and it should probably work. My only concern is that my radio has an old style (round) trainer port. I'll look for a cable for it and post if it works. Thanks for the reply :)

oscar
18th July 2013, 01:16 PM
Hi FatShark support

I bought the FS Attitude SD running M.I.G v5 firmware for my DJI Phantom. It works great but I don't have the Head Tracking setup. I am planning to share the setup with the RC plane, hoping to use the Head Tracking (pan & tilt) feature. It's not going to be long flight. It's more within 2km or visible range. Given DJI Phantom has it's own radio, I will need a new Radio for my RC plane.

My choice of radio is narrow down to

Spektrum DX8i - SPMR8800
Futaba T8FG Super - FUTK8010
(will be adding OrangeRX DSMX/DSM2 2.4GHz Transmitter Module)

Note: I know there are other choices like Turningy 9X, 9xr. But that will be future.

Does both of them work fine with the FS Attitude SD with M.I.G. v5 HT? And which one would be the most simpliest / straight forward to setup.

From my understanding, my FS package comes with the Futaba cable already. If I purchase Spektrum DX8, I need to get the separate cable for the HT.

Thanks again

Reliku
18th July 2013, 02:58 PM
Futaba would be the easiest, as long as you have a modern radio with a square plug. The older radios with a round plug will require a conversion cable or modification.

Both will work with the head tracking, by the way.

killerm1
19th July 2013, 06:56 AM
can this be used with a JR DSX9ii?

FatShark
19th July 2013, 07:19 AM
Past a link to the English manual and I will check for you.

Reliku
19th July 2013, 12:03 PM
OK, I got it to work on the ff8. You need to replace the trainer plug with something you can add the HT to. There are cables from round to square, but I haven't found the other way round. A fairly easy DIY option is to make a seperate head tracker cable that only connects the signal out from the HT to the signal in from the transmitter, and of course connects the ground of both. Here's what I did (this should work for any futaba radio with an old (round) style plug). This is what the solder side of the plug looks like:

You want to solder a wire to the ppm OUT connector (the blue one), and of course a wire to the ground connector (the black one).

I simply rerouted them to stick out the battery hatch:

As for the other end of the plug, I checked which connector connected to which using the square futaba plug supplied with the goggles. These are the two connectors you're interested in: (male mating side)

In my case, this connected to red for the out connector (remember, you want the OUT signal on the HT and the IN signal on the transmitter) and white for the ground connecter. I soldered them to the blue and black wires respectively. ALWAYS check for yourself if you repeat this process, there is no guarantee that the red and white wires connect to out and ground signals in your case too (that means I'm not responsible if you fry your transmitter/HT!)

All wrapped up and good to go!

This should work with all futaba radios that support selective trainer assignment.

FatShark
19th July 2013, 09:22 PM
Thanks Reliku for posting. Very helpful and much appreciated.

robertreolle
3rd August 2013, 11:36 PM
I have fatshark sd with head tracking I need to know what radio to buy that's plug and play no modification no sodering

hpcoolahan
4th August 2013, 12:16 AM
Turnigy 9x is plug and play , it just works.
Im sure there are others , mabye someone else will chime in !!
Look at the first post , im sure it has a list of radios there??

Cheers
Patrick

robertreolle
4th August 2013, 10:49 AM
i thinking about the turnigy 9xr but i read somthing about you needing to soder wires in back of radio

Ricky971
4th August 2013, 11:42 AM
i thinking about the turnigy 9xr but i read somthing about you needing to soder wires in back of radio

Don't do it! With some 9XR, with some HT versions, it was needed to use HT with the Futaba port. In other cases, as mine, it didn't work and, finally, I've burned HT I/O port.
Thanks to Fatshark assistance if it has been fixed without any problem!
But Christmas comes just one time per year...
Let's use the PS2 to 3.5 mm cable.

FliteEvolution
28th August 2013, 12:05 AM
I just received the Trinity HT to test with my Futaba 9C and EZuhf (Firmware 1.43). I have the HT pan on ch5 and tilt on ch 8 which I can see moving in the TX HT PPM diags screen of the Immersion config tools, however I can't see any HT movement in the other screen (TX PPM Diags screen). HT is getting to the EZuhf but maybe not going through the ezuhf?

Do I need to push the bind button to activate? I just get 1 or 2 beeps when pushing the bind button but no HT movement. I'm not using the trainer switch. My ezuhf is connected to my 9C module port on the back. I'm not sure how to fix this.

Thanks,

Clay

Moby58
29th August 2013, 03:00 AM
Hi guys,
I have a moded Turnigy 9x, running Open9X firmware, FrSky module & Receivers.
Trying to get my Teleporter VGA head tracker to work thru the radio.
The OpenTX software is vastly different to the standard Turnigy firmware, in that in the trainer section, you can only assign the first 4 channels, which is normally the 4 primary channels.

In stand alone mode (that is HT dongle in aircraft driving the servos, works ok, so know all hardware is working.

I have bought a fat shark head tracker-to JR lead from HK (2 actually) and have confirmed it is wired correctly (as per on 1st or second post of thread)
Removed the HT dongle from aircraft, and plugged the pan/tilt servos into channels 5 & 6 of the Rx
I have the HT dongle set to channel 5/6.
I have set the channel 5 & 6 mixing in radio to PPM 5 & PPM 6.
Plugged the cable between the HT dongle and radio, powered the dongle with a 6v receiver battery, and turned on the radio

There is no movement from the servos when I move the goggles.

If I check the output view screen, there is nothing changing on the outputs of channel 5 or 6.

My understanding, and I may very well be wrong here
When I select the switch assigned to trainer, the 'host' radio stops getting it's signal for a particular channel from it's own controls, and gets the signal from the trainer port (the slave radio).
If I dont select the trainer switch, will the host still see the signal coming in on the trainer port, and just disregard?
Or will it use it if a raw PPM signal in?

Or am I going to have to assign the primary channels in the mixing to other than 1 of the first 4 channels, and then move the HT to 1-4 (tho if the HT only operates channels 5/6 or 7/8, doesn't seem possible)

Or do the developers of Open9x need to maybe include more channels in the trainer section to allow for headtracking???

Or how does the head tracking signal work thru the trainer port??

Tracks
29th August 2013, 09:43 AM

You can use the 9XR. You only need to short two pins by soldering in one small cable. It's very simple. With the newer 9XRs you need to swap the JR and Futaba ports. Again, very simple. One is on the left, the other on the right. Just unplug them and swap sides. I will try to get a video finished and posted this weekend.

bmitchell138
7th September 2013, 09:55 PM
I recently purchased the Dominator goggles and a HT module. Everything is working properly but I'm not getting full range of motion on my pan servo when the HT is active. If I use a switch, the servo moves to it's full range which is 180 degrees. With the HT enabled it's only moving ~120 degrees.

Is there a way to adjust the endpoint/travel on the HT module?

My set up is: DX8, Hitec 5065 digital servo on pan programmed to 180 degrees.

Thanks,
Bill

FPV-JOERG
10th September 2013, 06:39 PM
Guys,

I really don't know how to get my Attitude SD working on my Graupner MX-20.

- I've set the goggles to 5/6

- I've put 1-4 into pupil and 5&6 to Teacher in the Mx-20.

-nothing-

whats wrong?

Tanks so much!

Cheers Joerg

FatShark
10th September 2013, 10:15 PM
Got a link to the Graupner manual for your headset? Is the head tracking beeping at startup? are you able to enter the HT beep menu?

FPV-JOERG
11th September 2013, 02:59 AM
Got a link to the Graupner manual for your headset? Is the head tracking beeping at startup? are you able to enter the HT beep menu?

Yes - I have the Graupner manual link. I read everything about the teacher/pupil settings. But there is nothing said about a headtracker.

Yes - the HT is beeping on startup and -yes- I can enter the menue.

I had to remove the Futaba plug and I'm not sure if I have soldered everything correctly. The red cable is PPM, the white cable is GND. Red is going to the tip of the 3,5mm mini-jack and white to very back of the mini-jack. The middle ring is not used. (i read somewhere that the back and the middle pin have to be bridged, so that middle and back are GND)

I really don't know what else to do. I didn't find any report of someone having connected a MX-20 sucessfully to a Attitude SD.

If I get it done, I will post a step by step tutorial and a howto video.

Thanks for your help!

Joerg

Reliku
11th September 2013, 11:48 AM
Bmitchell, that appears to be normal in the MiG V4 HT. I had this issue as well, but it's "working as intended".

bmitchell138
12th September 2013, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the response, Reliku. Would be nice to be able to adjust the endpoint in the HT - hint, hint Fatshark :)

hpcoolahan
12th September 2013, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the response, Reliku. Would be nice to be able to adjust the endpoint in the HT - hint, hint Fatshark :)
The new trinity headtracker from fatshark has adjustable everything in its menu

Reliku
13th September 2013, 07:51 AM
The trinity is capable of reaching full travel (and in some cases even more, depending on servo used). That's unfortunately your only option.
I currently use the MiG v4 myself, works fine. Not as great travel, but it works just fine for most applications ;)

bmitchell138
13th September 2013, 09:11 AM
The trinity is capable of reaching full travel (and in some cases even more, depending on servo used). That's unfortunately your only option.
I currently use the MiG v4 myself, works fine. Not as great travel, but it works just fine for most applications ;)

Thanks. I found some info on the trinity head tracker.

Tracks
13th September 2013, 04:53 PM
I'm about to install the Trinity into my AttitudeSD. I'm told it's a night and day difference.

Reliku
13th September 2013, 05:08 PM
As far as I've seen it is. Compare any mig tracker to the trinity. The trinity is rock solid, the mig's still have drift. On the mig v4 it's not too bad and only noticable if you go beyond limits or shake a lot, but it's still there. On the other hand, I have yet to see a trinity with any noticeable drift, if any at all.

hpcoolahan
13th September 2013, 06:46 PM
I'm about to install the Trinity into my AttitudeSD. I'm told it's a night and day difference.

Tracks , your going to love it.
My Attitudes had the MIGv4 and although it was great 90% of the time , after 5 to 10min or so it would have to be re-centered.
Since Ive been testing the Trinity , take off.....get comfy in you chair.......turn Trinity on ,,,,,,,and thats it , not one re-set for a 20 min flight !!!!!

Im sure Reliku ,yourself and anyone else that gets to try one will be as amazed as i have been with it !!
The extra range you get with the stock settings is awesome (used to have to use a servo stretcher, now i dont !!)

Let us know what you thing when you get it set up !!!

Tracks
13th September 2013, 07:20 PM
So is there anything I need to know about installing the module? Guess I should look it up and do a bit of reading.

hpcoolahan
13th September 2013, 08:32 PM
Greg actually has a video on how to do it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JSLUVo75us&feature=youtu.be (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JSLUVo75us&feature=youtu.be)

Just be careful and you will have it done in no time at all.

I found putting the 2 pins in first a little bit , then gently pulling back to align the rest on the other end was the easiest.

Power it up before you put the top case back on to make sure you got the pins all conected, it will beep as you power it on, your good to go.
unplug, then put top case on , go flying !!
Cheers
Patrick

hpcoolahan
14th September 2013, 10:18 PM
How did you go Tracks , all sorted ???

Tracks
15th September 2013, 01:15 PM
Haven't even unpacked my flying gear from the car. Several house repairs, some work stuff, and a 15K run this morning. Busy weekend. I didn't watch Greg's video though, so it seems pretty straight forward. (There is some sort of ironic pun in there somewhere).

hpcoolahan
15th September 2013, 07:29 PM
lol , life always gets in the way of flying !!

Reliku
16th September 2013, 07:12 AM
stupid life always :( XD

Tracks
16th September 2013, 08:57 PM
Okay.. the bag made it into the house. Tonight MIGHT be the night.

nicolas65
17th September 2013, 09:14 AM
hello

I tried with my fatshark dominator + MX16 graupner

With HF OFF : works very well
With HF ON : Return to venter point every seconds :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE1CBoEvK7w

zaraja
19th September 2013, 11:17 PM
Hi,
I have bought Dom and its compatible Head tracker couple of months back. But i have mounted the HT last week for the first time and it seems to be working fine on channel 5 and 6 so i never bothered to do any configuration. But after the first flight i have noticed that the pan channel is reverse so i decided to reverse the channel using Tr9X but it never worked (don't know why may be it just pass through to Trainer port for control). So followed the steps mentioned in the forum to reverse the channel from Dom HT. But i am not getting any beep at all. In fact after following the same step i messed up the default config and now i don't know how i can reset it to default without hearing any beep.

hpcoolahan
19th September 2013, 11:51 PM
Please try pulling the HT module out and re-seating it and let us know if that fixes it !!!

Cheers
Patrick

zaraja
20th September 2013, 12:02 AM
Boss i did it so many times :( . Now i am afraid i might break it in that process. I have bought it from RMRC with Tr9x HT cable. I am really depressed. I had issues with Immersion 600mw receiver which i fixed myself ( really heat up after a minute of powering it up). Then stuck with camera lens problem and now HT is not working. I mean it was working on default setting but now its just showing response on a 5th channel on the radio so i think i messes up the default setting.
If any body can tell me how to reset without hearing the beep than it would be great :D

hpcoolahan
20th September 2013, 12:16 AM
Are you turning on the goggles without having the headtracker cable plugged in to you radio ??
I believe if you have it pluged in to the radio already before you turn on the goggles ,it can upset the initialization of the headtracker ?(remember reading that somewhere)

BTW what headtracker is it v4 v5 ?

zaraja
20th September 2013, 12:23 AM
I cant get any beep with the cable unplugged. Sorry i bought this from HK. The cable is from RMRC.
its V5.

hpcoolahan
20th September 2013, 12:35 AM
Generally if you cant get a beep on startup , something is wrong with the unit or its conections.
Are you sure the 2 pins on the front are inserting properly ? thats the pins for the beeper i think.
Hopefully Greg will pop in with some sage advice to sort you out.

Just try something , hold the button down and plug battery in again to access menue's again , then unplug power , re power to see if it will then beep .

zaraja
20th September 2013, 12:50 AM
Nothing. Well i never noticed any beep while powering on the Dominator. I have just tried it again but no luck. I will really appreciate if i will get any help from Greg. I am living in Trinidad and i bought this setup from Hk ( Dom and HT) as they only have it in stock at that time. I am sure it would be pain in getting some replacement or claim warranty.

FatShark
20th September 2013, 06:58 AM
Sorry, bit confused. Are you referring to the Turnigy 9XR radio? If so, are you using the Futaba data port or the 3.5mm data port?

zaraja
20th September 2013, 07:06 AM
I am using Turnigy 9X and i have 3.5 mm cable which i purchased from RMRC.

zaraja
20th September 2013, 07:21 AM
Generally if you cant get a beep on startup , something is wrong with the unit or its conections.
Are you sure the 2 pins on the front are inserting properly ? thats the pins for the beeper i think.
Hopefully Greg will pop in with some sage advice to sort you out.

Just try something , hold the button down and plug battery in again to access menue's again , then unplug power , re power to see if it will then beep .

Sir i am sure all pins are in place. I have checked it so many times.

LabRat
20th September 2013, 11:04 AM
I've done lots of reading and can't confirm this. I have a JR 8103, and Dominators with headtracker. Since I can't assign headtracker channels with the 8103, I'm hoping to be able to plug the headtracker into the DL tx directly. I know this is possible with the EZUHF, but would much rather use Dragonlink, so someone please tell me this can be done...

Thanks guys

FatShark
22nd September 2013, 11:15 PM
Sir i am sure all pins are in place. I have checked it so many times.

Might simply be dead then. Where are you located? Maybe we have a service center convenient to you.

hpcoolahan
23rd September 2013, 03:07 AM
I think he said he is in living in Trinidad ,

atc05
23rd September 2013, 04:27 AM
Hi, we found solution how to connect Attitude SD to Turnigy 9XR correctly via futaba connector////pls visit http://fpv-community.ru/topic/73-videoochki-fatshark-basepredatordominatorattitudebasesd/page-5

FatShark
23rd September 2013, 04:37 AM
I think he said he is in living in Trinidad ,

I need daily refreshers, brain has been overloaded lately :)

hpcoolahan
23rd September 2013, 04:49 AM
You need to have a holiday after the move ..
Of course ,you have to finnish the PSHD's first ...lol

zaraja
23rd September 2013, 11:12 PM
I need daily refreshers, brain has been overloaded lately :)

Yeah that's why i am patiently waiting for your reply, i totally understand that you have lots of stuff to look into.
FYI I am living in Trinidad.
Well actually i don't want to disturb you in making a hot HD goggles for me :D

FatShark
24th September 2013, 09:36 PM
open a ticket. if you are in Trinidad maybe the easiest thing is to just get a new tested head tracker sent out to you.

zaraja
24th September 2013, 09:45 PM
open a ticket. if you are in Trinidad maybe the easiest thing is to just get a new tested head tracker sent out to you.

Where to open a ticket?

hpcoolahan
25th September 2013, 02:40 AM
Go here buddy www.fatshark.com/support (http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=c1d25e831406ba20a5afa355d5950d05&loc=http%3A%2F%2Ffpvlab.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread. php%3F16754-Read-1st-Forum-Rules-and-how-to-contact-Fat-Shark-for-support&v=1&libId=be933e6d-c3a9-46c5-8a43-d66f1eff8971&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fatshark.com%2Fsupport&ref=http%3A%2F%2Ffpvlab.com%2Fforums%2Fforumdispla y.php%3F43-Fat-Shark-R-C-Vision-Systems&title=Read%201st%3A%20Forum%20Rules%20and%20how%20 to%20contact%20Fat%20Shark%20for%20support&txt=www.fatshark.com%2Fsupport&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13800911543596) sign up and start a ticket , dont forget to put a link to this thread in it too !!

Hope you get this sorted quickly .

zaraja
25th September 2013, 01:41 PM
Thank you very much. hoping to get a response fro fatshark.

rteixeira
26th September 2013, 09:10 PM
Dear all,

i would like to know if the DX6i is supported for head tracking?

FatShark
27th September 2013, 10:24 PM
Dear all,

i would like to know if the DX6i is supported for head tracking?

kinda doubt it but if you post a link to the English manual I'll check it for you.

rteixeira
28th September 2013, 05:55 AM
kinda doubt it but if you post a link to the English manual I'll check it for you.

Thank you.
Could you see there http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPM6600-Manual_DX6i.pdf

I look forward to hearing from you

IMEIV
28th September 2013, 06:37 AM
I fly with Dragon Link V2 system and a Futuba T12FG radio. I'm going to use the head tracking of the FatShark Dominator goggles.

It's necessary that I cut the HeadTracking wire coming from FatShark goggles to connect it in the Dragon Link track port.

FIRST PROBLEM: I've found two possible circuit diagrams. Please could you tell me which is correct. The first photo or the second ?
You can find them below. ;) It's not necessary for me to use the red wire because the head tracking is powered by its battery. And there is someone who is using my own radio and FatShark head tracking with Dragon Link?

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/IMEIV/1_zps7dbfd802.gif
http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/IMEIV/2_zps3789216d.jpg

And this is the connector for track port:
http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/IMEIV/3_zps2fc11cc6.jpg

FatShark
28th September 2013, 10:33 PM
Please refer to the specification PDF that can be downloaded from the 1st post in this thread.

FatShark
28th September 2013, 10:42 PM
Thank you.
Could you see there http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPM6600-Manual_DX6i.pdf

I look forward to hearing from you

DX6i doesn't support it. It's trainer function is a simple all-or-nothing hand off. It doesn't have the selective training channel function necessary to support head tracking.

IMEIV
28th September 2013, 10:48 PM
Please refer to the specification PDF that can be downloaded from the 1st post in this thread.

Ok thanks and and there is someone who is using my own radio and FatShark head tracking with Dragon Link ?

IMEIV
28th September 2013, 11:19 PM

I checked the PDF with my FatShark wire and there is something strange.... PPM pin in the headset PS2 Connector is on number 2 in the Futuba interface (in place of GND)... and GND pin in the headset PS2 Connector is on number 6 in the Futuba interface (in place of PPM).

How is it that is so ?

FatShark
28th September 2013, 11:47 PM
need to be sure you are reading the connector in the direction indicated by the drawing.

IMEIV
29th September 2013, 03:45 AM
need to be sure you are reading the connector in the direction indicated by the drawing.

I checked a second time five minutes ago and the headset PS2 Connector is in the direction indicated but GND and PPM are reversed. Indeed I opened the Futuba interface and the black cable goes in Pin 6 and white cable goes in Pin 2 (inverted compared to the PDF).

My question is... the error is in the headset PS2 Connector (therefore in the PDF) or in the Futuba interface ?

Now I'm going to cut the wire to connect PS2 Connector to Dragonlink module and I need to know it to do a good job.

????????

FatShark
29th September 2013, 05:03 AM
The drawings are correct. They are engineering drawings that have been used as reference to manufacture the cables with for years. If they are wrong, then I probably would've heard about it by now. That said I no NOTHING about the Dragonlink module and can't warranty or support modified cables. This question should be directed at Dragonlink.

IMEIV
29th September 2013, 05:15 AM
The drawings are correct. They are engineering drawings that have been used as reference to manufacture the cables with for years. If they are wrong, then I probably would've heard about it by now. That said I no NOTHING about the Dragonlink module and can't warranty or support modified cables. This question should be directed at Dragonlink.

But the error is in the Futuba interface in FatShark cable. I need to cut it and put the connector that you can see below to connect HT in the DragonLink.

If you tell me that the drawings are correct I'll follow them.

FatShark
29th September 2013, 05:23 AM
Please post the 2 conflicting drawings so I can see what you are referring to. I can't and won't be the guy that tells you how to cut and modify a cable to use with a product I"m not familiar with which may or may not end frying a radio or headset. Please ask DragonLink to make a cable that is plug and play with and supports my products.

hpcoolahan
29th September 2013, 05:44 AM
Why do you NEED to go through the dragonlink ht port , why cant you use the futabas port ?
I use dragonlink , and i use the trainer port on my turnigy 9x for the headtracking ...it should be the same for the futaba trainer port if it has selective channel assignments.

IMEIV
29th September 2013, 05:47 AM
Please post the 2 conflicting drawings so I can see what you are referring to. I can't and won't be the guy that tells you how to cut and modify a cable to use with a product I"m not familiar with which may or may not end frying a radio or headset. Please ask DragonLink to make a cable that is plug and play with and supports my products.

Ok now you can see the conflicting draw below. Anyway I'll cut the Futuba Interface and I'll solder the connector that you've seen. If you tell me that the draw is correct there was probably a mistake made by worker in the futuba interface.

IMEIV
29th September 2013, 06:05 AM
Why do you NEED to go through the dragonlink ht port , why cant you use the futabas port ?
I use dragonlink , and i use the trainer port on my turnigy 9x for the headtracking ...it should be the same for the futaba trainer port if it has selective channel assignments.

Because to connect DragonLink and Futuba Radio we use this cable http://dragonlinkrc.com/v2/transmitter/futaba-trainer-port so it's necessary to use ht port.

hpcoolahan
29th September 2013, 06:13 AM
OK , does your radio have a removable module in the back of it ?
if so remove it , conect the dragonlink up through the pins behind the module , then you can use the trainer port for the HT

IMEIV
29th September 2013, 06:19 AM
OK , does your radio have a removable module in the back of it ?
if so remove it , conect the dragonlink up through the pins behind the module , then you can use the trainer port for the HT

Yes I can but from the drawing, that you can see above, my Futuba interface is wrong and it should not work because PPM and GND are probably inverted.

hpcoolahan
29th September 2013, 06:25 AM
All i can say is that the Fatshark cable has to be correct, because other wise there would have been literally thousands of people complaining about it being wrong.

Your choice , do whatever you like , just dont fry your headtracker or stuff up you radio, but remember its your choice.

IMEIV
29th September 2013, 06:35 AM
All i can say is that the Fatshark cable has to be correct, because other wise there would have been literally thousands of people complaining about it being wrong.

Your choice , do whatever you like , just dont fry your headtracker or stuff up you radio, but remember its your choice.

I think that the draw is correct but probably only my cable is wrong. I checked it with the voltmeter and there are only two possibilities... the draw is wrong or the cable is wrong. Probably the second choice.

In any case I won't fry DL or HT because I don't use the red cable. In the worst case PPM and GND will be inverted but without damage and simply the HT would not work. Do you agree on this ?

Tracks
29th September 2013, 07:46 AM
Make sure you use a multimeter and check before you cut anything.

IMEIV
29th September 2013, 06:16 PM
I've tried to connect FatShark Dominator Headtracker to DL module Track port. I used the drawing below. I recalibrated the DragonLink receiver with the HT on (following the instructions) but unfortunately the HeadTracker doesn't work. I tried to calibrate the rx using 12ch PPM the first time and 8ch PPM the second time but it did not work anyway. I'm using a Futuba radio T12FG, DL V2 and Dominator goggles with HT integrated. What am I doing wrong ?

Please could someone help me ? There is someone who uses DL module and FatShark Head Tracker ?

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/IMEIV/Connection_zps1a011e3c.jpg

CdA D
29th September 2013, 06:33 PM
- Enter trainer setup menu of your DX8.
- Turn on holding the roller and go to the trainer menu, click.
- Then you may see that it is "inhibited" so select that and change to "Programmable Master".
- Set THR, AIL, ELE, RUD to master
- Set GER (ch5), AX1 (ch6) to slave
- Activate the trainer switch
- plug pan/tilt servos in ch5/ch6
- Connect cable from headset to slave plug under the DX8.

What cable is this? Is it the trainer cable?

IMEIV
29th September 2013, 06:39 PM

No... Headset goggles connector on the left and a dedicated connector for HeadTracker that goes in the DragonLink module.

CdA D
29th September 2013, 06:56 PM
I'm a nubie here and don't mean to be a pain, but is this a cable that I need to make-up or can I purchase one?

zaraja
29th September 2013, 10:04 PM
Go here buddy www.fatshark.com/support (http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=c1d25e831406ba20a5afa355d5950d05&loc=http%3A%2F%2Ffpvlab.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread. php%3F16754-Read-1st-Forum-Rules-and-how-to-contact-Fat-Shark-for-support&v=1&libId=be933e6d-c3a9-46c5-8a43-d66f1eff8971&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fatshark.com%2Fsupport&ref=http%3A%2F%2Ffpvlab.com%2Fforums%2Fforumdispla y.php%3F43-Fat-Shark-R-C-Vision-Systems&title=Read%201st%3A%20Forum%20Rules%20and%20how%20 to%20contact%20Fat%20Shark%20for%20support&txt=www.fatshark.com%2Fsupport&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13800911543596) sign up and start a ticket , dont forget to put a link to this thread in it too !!

Hope you get this sorted quickly .

Yeah thanks a lot it got sorted out really quickly. Well i don't like criticizing but as i owns some fatshark products Atittude SD, Dominator, 600TVL camera with P/T and Doms Ht module so i think i have a right to do so.
I was kind of surprised to see a reply from fatshark support. It doesn't matter how much they ask me for a replacement (Tested) HT with shipment charges. I don't understand why should i even pay a dolor for getting a replacement of defective HT module that i receive after paying huge shipment charges plus the investment i made for Pan/Tilt system (Bought a separate Pan/Tilt system from RMRC with Hitec Servos).
I am not asking to get anything free but there are some business etiquette. I will buy a new HT module no problem.

hpcoolahan
30th September 2013, 03:17 AM
Yeah thanks a lot it got sorted out really quickly. Well i don't like criticizing but as i owns some fatshark products Attitude SD, Dominator, 600TVL camera with P/T and Doms Ht module so i think i have a right to do so.
I was kind of surprised to see a reply from fatshark support. It doesn't matter how much they ask me for a replacement (Tested) HT with shipment charges. I don't understand why should i even pay a dolor for getting a replacement of defective HT module that i receive after paying huge shipment charges plus the investment i made for Pan/Tilt system (Bought a separate Pan/Tilt system from RMRC with Hitec Servos).
I am not asking to get anything free but there are some business etiquette. I will buy a new HT module no problem.

Thats standard business practice really ,most places will supply the parts or fix them for you , but you have to cover the shipping yourself.
Really , the shipping wont be much , and I'm sure that the help from Fatshark himself, is WAY EASIER and MUCH FASTER than dealing with HobbyKings support, which is really your first port of call for warranty issues.
He just bypassed them for you !!
Hope you get it soon and then go enjoy flying !!

Cheers
Patrick

IMEIV
30th September 2013, 03:25 AM
I'm a nubie here and don't mean to be a pain, but is this a cable that I need to make-up or can I purchase one?

You can make it starting from the cable that comes with your goggles. It's necessary to cut the futuba interface and solder in place of this the DL connector with GND and PPM

hpcoolahan
30th September 2013, 03:39 AM

Going by the quote from Fatshark , you have a DX8 so you need the JR to fatshark trainer cable

Yes you can purchase it from HobbyKing , or ReadymadeRC .

You can make it starting from the cable that comes with your goggles. It's necessary to cut the futuba interface and solder in place of this the DL connector with GND and PPM

He has a Spectrum radio (DX8)which has a JR type plug for the trainer port,and he never mentioned Dragonlink.
The Futaba plug that you mention is no good for him.
And its easier and safer to recomend him to just buy the cable , its only a couple of dollars anyway.

IMEIV
30th September 2013, 05:08 AM
Going by the quote from Fatshark , you have a DX8 so you need the JR to fatshark trainer cable

Yes you can purchase it from HobbyKing , or ReadymadeRC .

He has a Spectrum radio (DX8)which has a JR type plug for the trainer port,and he never mentioned Dragonlink.
The Futaba plug that you mention is no good for him.
And its easier and safer to recomend him to just buy the cable , its only a couple of dollars anyway.

Yes I know but he asked me and I replied.

IMEIV
30th September 2013, 05:09 AM
I've tried to connect FatShark Dominator Headtracker to DL module Track port. I used the drawing below. I recalibrated the DragonLink receiver with the HT on (following the instructions) but unfortunately the HeadTracker doesn't work. I tried to calibrate the rx using 12ch PPM the first time and 8ch PPM the second time but it did not work anyway. I'm using a Futuba radio T12FG, DL V2 and Dominator goggles with HT integrated. What am I doing wrong ?

Please could someone help me ? There is someone who uses DL module and FatShark Head Tracker ?

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/IMEIV/Connection_zps1a011e3c.jpg

Could someone help me ?

hpcoolahan
30th September 2013, 05:24 AM
Yes I know but he asked me and I replied.

Actually he was asking Fatshark , if you go back to post #430 you'll see he quoted Fatshark in it!!

hpcoolahan
30th September 2013, 05:30 AM
Could someone help me ?

We have tried ...maby go to the dragonlink thread and ask someone there , they might have the exact same setup as you and be able to help you out.

http://fpvlab.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?71-DragonLink-RC

or here on rcgroups

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1518533&page=1599

IMEIV
30th September 2013, 05:42 AM
We have tried ...maby go to the dragonlink thread and ask someone there , they might have the exact same setup as you and be able to help you out.

http://fpvlab.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?71-DragonLink-RC

or here on rcgroups

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1518533&page=1599

Yesterday I've asked on RcGroup and now also in FPV LAB. I hope that soon someone can advise me

I checked with a multimeter and from the goggles there is PPM signal in output with 2,85V. So the connection seems to be ok.

hpcoolahan
30th September 2013, 05:51 AM
OK , so you definatly know thats the PPM stream , and you know the earth wire , so now the issue is at the radio end.
For that maby you can find some info in a radio thread on rcgroups or fpvlab.
You could also email Futaba and ask them for their scematic to see if they got it wrong in the factory.

Also you said you asked yesterday on rcgroups , dont forget world time differences , might take some time to get a reply .

zaraja
30th September 2013, 08:17 AM
Thats standard business practice really ,most places will supply the parts or fix them for you , but you have to cover the shipping yourself.
Really , the shipping wont be much , and I'm sure that the help from Fatshark himself, is WAY EASIER and MUCH FASTER than dealing with HobbyKings support, which is really your first port of call for warranty issues.
He just bypassed them for you !!
Hope you get it soon and then go enjoy flying !!

Cheers
Patrick

Yeah I totally understand that. I wouldn't have mind it if there was only shipment charge that I have to pay.

CdA D
30th September 2013, 06:26 PM
Actually he was asking Fatshark , if you go back to post #430 you'll see he quoted Fatshark in it!!

Thank you both for your help. I'm now on the right track.
Appreciation and Respects

hpcoolahan
1st October 2013, 02:38 AM
Your welcome

FatShark
1st October 2013, 06:30 AM
Yeah I totally understand that. I wouldn't have mind it if there was only shipment charge that I have to pay.

If bypassing the point of purchase we normally we charge a deposit for any material sent out under warranty and refund the deposit when received back. It may have been determined that it wasn't clear the head tracker was a warranty issue. Guess you'll know when you plug in the new one :) . You can pop the old one back in the mail and when we receive will refund your payment. You'll need to start another ticket to get RMA instructions. wait until you get see if the replacement fixes it.
Not to add salt to a wound, but normally special accommodations are negotiated with a retailer. A retailer has a lot of lateral and freedom to make concessions which I support. But when HK is your retailer, they don't have the flexibility to do this and with the increasing customer base, makes it difficult for me to be personal on every warranty transaction.

trt
1st October 2013, 06:34 AM
Hi.
Use HT V4 + Turnigy 9X + Predator V2.

How can switch off "Auto disengage" and "Auto correction" functions???
Can you make the Firmware in which these functions can be switched off completely?

hpcoolahan
1st October 2013, 06:44 AM
In v4 it cant be turned off , sorry.
Its not that bad once you get used to it.

aeryck
1st October 2013, 08:51 AM
In v4 it cant be turned off , sorry.
Its not that bad once you get used to it.

I must have a v3 headtracker, because mine never auto-disengages, no matter how far i turn my head in any direction... Any way to check? (Not that I want to replace it - it works just fine with very little drift; i'm just curious.)

trt
1st October 2013, 09:19 AM
It would be more logical, its not necessary to disengage. Put the camera in the center, give a beep and after 2-3 seconds to get started, considering the new position of center...

Auto correction by long turning the drifting from a central position and i have to press a button, so this option is also better made optional.

IMEIV
1st October 2013, 10:30 AM
Now my HeadTracker works. Please could tell me what is the function of the Auto Correction (I saw this voice in the mený) ?

zaraja
1st October 2013, 09:21 PM
If bypassing the point of purchase we normally we charge a deposit for any material sent out under warranty and refund the deposit when received back. It may have been determined that it wasn't clear the head tracker was a warranty issue. Guess you'll know when you plug in the new one :) . You can pop the old one back in the mail and when we receive will refund your payment. You'll need to start another ticket to get RMA instructions. wait until you get see if the replacement fixes it.
Not to add salt to a wound, but normally special accommodations are negotiated with a retailer. A retailer has a lot of lateral and freedom to make concessions which I support. But when HK is your retailer, they don't have the flexibility to do this and with the increasing customer base, makes it difficult for me to be personal on every warranty transaction.

Well i dont think any one can imagine what issues i am facing right now in getting my packages from China post. I have two packages that i bought from HK 3 months ago and i don't have any idea where they are right now. Luckily i opted EMS so i got Fatshark complete FPV package in 2 weeks time as obviously i have to pay a reasonable amount to get it shipped to me through EMS. I have one Skywalker that i bought around 2 months and 25 days ago from Bevrc with Video Tr/Rx and i think some one in Venezuela is enjoying FPV :D

davidc
2nd October 2013, 02:23 AM
Got my new Trinity .. pretty sweet for a first HT :)

Am setting it up on my Futaba T8J.. connected and powered via trainer port. Using default channels 5&6. Watching the TX "Servo" page:

I am getting -100 to 100 on channel 6 at about 45 degrees pitch up and down - that about right?

I get -100 to 100 at about 45 degrees yaw. When I go much past 45 degrees yaw, channel 5 signal suddenly jumps to 0. What is that about?

hpcoolahan
2nd October 2013, 02:56 AM
Sound like you radio cant handle the Trinitys stock setting of extended range.
Go into the HT menues (instructions on the piece of paper that came with it) and turn the extended range to off , and then try that !!

davidc
3rd October 2013, 01:26 AM
Sound like you radio cant handle the Trinitys stock setting of extended range.
Go into the HT menues (instructions on the piece of paper that came with it) and turn the extended range to off , and then try that !!

hp, thanks loads! I ordered a FS-MIG-TRINITY but received an instruction sheet reads Rev A 11/07/2011. Gah!

I found a current instruction sheet (Rev A 9/13/2013) at http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/datasheet/TrinityTracker.pdf Turning off extended range did the trick!

hpcoolahan
3rd October 2013, 03:52 AM
problem solved , and your welcome ...now go fly !!

MickPaul
4th October 2013, 11:41 AM
Anyone had success connecting AttitudeSD V5 Headtracker to the FrSky Taranis (and making it work) yet?

Thanks,
Mick.

FatShark
6th October 2013, 06:12 AM
Anyone had success connecting AttitudeSD V5 Headtracker to the FrSky Taranis (and making it work) yet?

Thanks,
Mick.
I'll have some feedback in a couple days if no one else responds. I've got a couple Taranis radios here that I'm installing into a QRX350 but to be honest, I haven't even figured out how to bind the RX to the radio yet.

MickPaul
6th October 2013, 08:17 AM
Thanks FatShark, I would experiment but time is low for me this week. Cheers,
Mick.

FatShark
7th October 2013, 12:43 AM
Ok, I got into the radio this morning. As far as I can tell it won't support head tracking as the trainer menu only has selective channel assignment for the 4 primary stick controls (can't assign ch 5-8 to student as required for head tracking to be supported). 2 things may allow this head tracker to work: 1) maybe there is some mixing controls that are hard wired or 2) since its open source, someone may release a version later that supports the head tracker. For now, I'm putting the Taranis on the unsupported list until someone can figure out how it can be done.

colombus
7th October 2013, 07:04 AM
Hi, this could be a silly question, forgive me if it is.

I am trying to connect my Devo 8s (that is on the list of supported TX) to my Fatshark Attitude Head Tracker. Which cable do I need to use or I need an adapter or a custom cable to build.

Thank you in advance for pointing me out in the right direction.

Colombus

danielpetrescu
7th October 2013, 07:25 PM
The head tracker on FrSky Taranis works ok for me. I use it with the Naza stabilisation. I just assigned chanel 5 for the tilt and in the Mixer Menu on CH5 I have given the Source PPM6. It works ok but the Head Tracker Disengage function is not cool... just a pain.

All the best,

Daniel

FatShark
7th October 2013, 09:06 PM
The head tracker on FrSky Taranis works ok for me. I use it with the Naza stabilisation. I just assigned chanel 5 for the tilt and in the Mixer Menu on CH5 I have given the Source PPM6. It works ok but the Head Tracker Disengage function is not cool... just a pain.

All the best,

Daniel

Can you post a photo of the mixer menu with the settings you set to make it work? Thanks. If you have the MigV5 or Trinity you can turn off the disengage.

MickPaul
9th October 2013, 08:06 AM
Reply from OpenTx group:

You have no limits in assigning a PPM input a mix and controlling them with a switch.

But master/slave function must be kept simple
four sticks and four inputs.

MickPaul
9th October 2013, 08:39 AM
OK got the Fatshark AttitudeSD with MIG V5 Headtracker working with the FrSky Taranis also.

Added the following mixes into the Taranis

CH7 = Source PPM5 (on switch SB-)
CH8 = Source PPM8 (on switch SB-)

Cheers,
Mick.

PS Fatshark OpenTX said that the "Trainer" is supposed to be simple and will remain on the 4 primary sticks. Just needed to add mixing to get it working.

Tested and works a treat! Very impressed.

Thanks to all who helped on the forum. I think FrSky Taranis can be added to the supported list with ASTERIX that it must be setup via mixing PPM(x) as source to channel.

FatShark
9th October 2013, 10:51 AM
OK got the Fatshark AttitudeSD with MIG V5 Headtracker working with the FrSky Taranis also.

Cheers,
Mick.

PS Fatshark OpenTX said that the "Trainer" is supposed to be simple and will remain on the 4 primary sticks. Just needed to add mixing to get it working.

Thanks to all who helped on the forum. I think FrSky Taranis can be added to the supported list with ASTERIX that it must be setup via mixing PPM(x) as source to channel.

Thanks Mick, much appreciated. I will give it a go tomorrow as well.

colombus
10th October 2013, 07:41 AM
Hi Fatshark.

Anything that you could tell me on my question for Devo 8s ??

Thank you in advance.

FatShark
10th October 2013, 09:24 PM
Hi Fatshark.

Anything that you could tell me on my question for Devo 8s ??

Thank you in advance.
I'm not actually sure. I pulled that information from Walkera's website where they posted the supported radios for their Walkera FPV goggle. I didn't actually test the radio myself or see the manual. You might need to contact Walkera for an answer to this question as they are the ones claiming it is supported. If you find out, I'd appreciate if you could confirm what cable works. Thanks.

imagebuff
11th October 2013, 01:01 AM

All the best,

Daniel

I'm also using Trinity with Taranis while integrating NAZA tilt gimbal output on the tilt servo. I use the Trinity pan output directly to the pan servo and the Trinity tilt output feeds into the NAZA for manual gimbal tilt. This is awesome for multirotor FPV as it keeps the horizon from pitching on acceleration. I find it much easier to fly this way.

What are you talking about when you say "the Head Tracker Disengage function is not cool.. just a pain" ?

Thanks
Chris

tpalshadow
14th October 2013, 11:17 AM
Stupid question, but are the cables in the Attitude HT cable color coded? The pdf at the beginning here makes no mention. I'm attempting to use this with the RangeLink UHF transmitter which I also see no mention of here in this thread.

Thanks!

bradpaul
16th October 2013, 09:58 AM
Fat Shark Dominator to Futaba 8U cable?
have two redios a Hitec Aurora 9 (2.4G) and my old Futaba 8U (72 mhz). I have heard that the Aurora 9 cannot work for head tracking so I am considering using the Futaba 8U. The channels can be individually assigned to the trainer FUNC on a 8U.

Two questions:

1.) would you recommend staying on 72mhz or putting in a 2.4G module?
2.) is there a source for a data cable, the Futaba 8U has the old style round trainer port?

thanks,

Brad

aeryck
16th October 2013, 10:57 AM
Fat Shark Dominator to Futaba 8U cable?
have two redios a Hitec Aurora 9 (2.4G) and my old Futaba 8U (72 mhz). I have heard that the Aurora 9 cannot work for head tracking so I am considering using the Futaba 8U. The channels can be individually assigned to the trainer FUNC on a 8U.

Two questions:

1.) would you recommend staying on 72mhz or putting in a 2.4G module?
2.) is there a source for a data cable, the Futaba 8U has the old style round trainer port?

thanks,

Brad

It is probably the same cable as the one I made for my Futaba 9z. it also has the old DIN plug trainer jack. I posted somewhere in this thread about it - i'll see if i can find it.

edit: found it. post #227 in this thread, which references this post:

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?6346-FUTABA-9Z-FATSHARK-GOGGLES&p=250766&viewfull=1#post250766

PitchBitch
16th October 2013, 04:50 PM
Any News if the Hitec's/Multiplex's latest flagship Aurora 9X does finally support Headtracking, or does it also have the higher channel trainerport prob? Early official News stated that it finally supported headtracking but then i found a posting by Mike/Hitec that the pre-production sample does not, because of backwards compatibility? Anyone knows? Because I'm currently stuck between choosing graupner mx16 or Aurora 9X and headtracker Support probably will make the decision. I cant find anything about it in the Manual of the 9X.

danielpetrescu
20th October 2013, 05:15 PM
I'm also using Trinity with Taranis while integrating NAZA tilt gimbal output on the tilt servo. I use the Trinity pan output directly to the pan servo and the Trinity tilt output feeds into the NAZA for manual gimbal tilt. This is awesome for multirotor FPV as it keeps the horizon from pitching on acceleration. I find it much easier to fly this way.

What are you talking about when you say "the Head Tracker Disengage function is not cool.. just a pain" ?

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

I solved the problem with the head tracker disengaging, as I have the latest version I could disable it. Now I hope it works well as I had a nasty crush today and destroyed my quad frame plus Nex 5 camera before testing it...

Here are the Taranis mixes I have for my quad Naza setup. See CH5 - where I activate the tracker from the SG button. It is on the same channel with the tilt function on the Naza as I have only the tilt axis stabilised.

Hope it helps someone.

Daniel

AZ Rich
21st October 2013, 12:53 AM
Ok Maybe I missed it, I went thru most all of this thread and did not find an answer to my question. Will the FatShark head tracker work with a Hitec Eclipse 7? I have been searching the web for many hours and have not found an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!!!

FatShark
21st October 2013, 06:50 AM
Ok Maybe I missed it, I went thru most all of this thread and did not find an answer to my question. Will the FatShark head tracker work with a Hitec Eclipse 7? I have been searching the web for many hours and have not found an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!!!

If the radio isn't listed on the support or unsupported column in the 1st post then you need to post a link to an English manual of the radio and I'll read through it and see if can be ascertained from the manual and update the list accordingly.

steveno
21st October 2013, 04:34 PM
Can you look into Futaba super 8?

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/8uhps-manual.pdf

Thanks.

aeryck
21st October 2013, 06:48 PM
Can you look into Futaba super 8?

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/8uhps-manual.pdf

Thanks.

According to page 41 of the manual, that radio does support individual channel assignments, and should work with head tracking. It appears that radio uses the older 6-pin DIN style trainer cord, so you will need to make your own cable to connect the headset to the radio.

steveno
21st October 2013, 08:27 PM
Great, thanks.
Steve.

Thomas Nelson
22nd October 2013, 11:11 PM
This is a follow-up to a previous post (http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?7012-Head-Tracker-Radio-Support.-List-of-supported-radio-and-instructions&p=251578&viewfull=1#post251578) by me. I have also revised the original to point here.

I can confirm that my radio - the 72 MHz Futaba T8UHFs works with the Trinity head tracker. For searchers that come by this thread in the future, my transmitter is also known as the 8U Super, the T8UHFs, 8UHPs and the 8UHFs.

The attached picture shows the CABLE point of view. I noted that the connection pin-outs from the device POV (transmitter or goggles) were a mirror image of the cable ends ... and that this could cause (and probably has caused) confusion. So the attached picture is showing how to properly hack two CABLE ENDS into a single cable that both powers the goggles and transmits the head tracker signals.

FWIW, this is my first experience with a HT of any sort, and I can say that I'm very impressed with the functionality of the unit!

tn

AZ Rich
23rd October 2013, 07:49 AM
Ok thanks, the Eclipse 7 has the round plug on the back and the goggles has the square plug. I need to look into this a lot more, Thanks for the help.

Capello1986
26th October 2013, 09:49 PM
Hi There,

Does anyone know if the head tracker works with a DX18? I can't find anything?

Thanks
Martin
www.bestviewedfromabove.co.uk (http://www.bestviewedfromabove.co.uk)

rnelias
31st October 2013, 08:16 PM

Cheers,
Mick.

Thanks a lot for your post but I'd like to give my contribution to help other noobies like me :)

Well, I just tried to follow what you suggested, without going into details, and it has not worked at first. After some tries, I've started to understand how everything works and will leave here a small how to.

My setup is Taranis + Fatshark Attitude + Tarot T-2D gimbal that I had been operating from the S2 pot set to channel 7. My intention was add HT to use it occasionally and my steps were:

First I had to make my own trainer cable to connect FS to Taranis. I just followed this picture posted by a nice soul :)

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3193/20130202091349.jpg

Grab old PS2 and earphone cables and use a multimeter, set to the diode mode, to check the continuity between plug ends and the wires.

3). Go to Taranis (or Companion9X) mixer's page and, on CH7 (because my pan is attached to this channel), insert a Source PPM5 as MickPaul said. Note that the HT default channels are CH5 for PAN and CH6 for TILT.

This mixing will basically read information from trainer port PPM5 and put the value read on radio's CH7. In my case, I changed the default HT channels to CH7/8 just because I thought everything should be on the same channel (but it's not necessary). Thus, in my case, I had to use PPM7 instead of 5.

The SB- switch is optional (but nice). It will basically engage/disengage HT according to SB switch's position. By this way, I can keep mixers for the S2 pot and the HT at the same time and use them selectively.

I'm not using CH8 as I don't need tilt control. I think It's not useful for a 2 axis gimbal as Tarot T-2D.

I hope it helps someone...

FatShark
5th November 2013, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the contribution, much appreciated. I'll add a link to main page.

dieterg
11th November 2013, 05:39 AM
Hi Guys,

in case someone is looking for it, see attached
running devo10-v3.10-beta-03

colombus
11th November 2013, 03:33 PM
Hi Guys,

in case someone is looking for it, see attached
running devo10-v3.10-beta-03

Thank you dieterg for this.

Have you actually managed to get HT working with Devo 10?

Cheers,

M

RalfW
11th November 2013, 05:38 PM
Dear all,
just for your reference: Futaba FX-30 and FX-32 is working well with Attitude Headtracking.
Regards
Ralf

dieterg
11th November 2013, 07:09 PM
Thank you dieterg for this.

Have you actually managed to get HT working with Devo 10?

Cheers,

M

Hi Colombus,

yes, with the cable and the programming shown in the pdf its working with Pan Tilt for 600TVL CMOS V1 camera, at least in my workshop,(and running deviation firmware)
I haven't been flying as I still waiting for the cam.
hope this unproffesional video can show
http://youtu.be/FoiU6nevBO4
cheers

Dieter

ccsj
11th November 2013, 10:52 PM
I set up the trinity HT using Frsky Taranis to control roll/tilt/yaw for my quad with Naza FC. The HT is very precise with no drift and I can move my head to steer the quad (or plane). Here is the eepe file for taranis. I use CH 5/6/7 - all default factory setting on trinity.

tpalshadow
12th November 2013, 12:28 PM
I used the same method as rnelias for my 9XR and it seems to work fine with Attitude goggles.

Bigtxheli
12th November 2013, 04:04 PM
I am using attitude goggles I plugged servos into ch 7-8 I made sure receiver is in 1-8 and set the trainer to func. When I power goggles I get a constant beep that never stops. I see the goggles need 7v to power. Do I need to add a lipo to my 14sg? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance

Quentus
12th November 2013, 10:02 PM
Hello all. I was hoping to get some help with my MIG V4 HT which I have attached to my Dominator goggles. Got them awhile ago, but have only used them a few times. My problem appears to be one of drifting, but I could be wrong on that. Anyway, I currently am using two digital 180 degree servos for the pan and tilt. My radio is a DX8 with channels 5 and 6 for the pan and tilt. After I power them on, everything seems fine until I pan to the right or left. For example, if I pan to the right 90 degrees and hold my head at that angle, the HT then begins to pan the camera back to center. Usually the more I move my head to the side (greater the degree), the more the HT will try to pan the camera back towards the center position. If I turn my head 90 degrees to the left or right, the HT will move to that angle, but then immediately begin to move back, but only by about 45 degrees and then it stops. If I then move my head back to center, the Ht will move the camera in that direction, but it will swing pass the center position and pan to the opposite side about 30-40 degrees, and then appear to try and move back to the center, but stops short about 20 degrees. To get the HT to get the camera back to center without hitting the reset button, I have to slowly move my head 10-20 degrees back and forth quickly from left to right to get it to properly center. Basically, the more I pan to the side, the more the HT appears to try and move back to the center even through my head is not. For example, if I only move my head 20 degrees to the left or right, the HT will not try to move it back to center at all. It will hold at that angle. If I increase the pan to about 45 degrees, the HT will then pan the camera back in the direction of the center by about 20 degrees.

I have tried the following to see if it is something related to the hardware or interference but nothing below has made a difference.

1. tried new analog servos
2. tried a different receiver
3. tried to move the pan and tilt servos away from the receiver (by about 30 in)
4. disconnected the video transmitter, and the Dominators and only powered the HT
5. moved the radio as far from the HT as possible

Any help would be very appreciated. The last time I flew, I had to wrestle with the HT the whole time because it kept wanting to return to the center position. It was a very frustrating experience that almost resulted in a crash. I had to pause the HT just to get a sense of the direction I was going.

FatShark
13th November 2013, 04:28 AM
Sounds like a solder issue on the magnetic sensor. Start a ticket and if you pay for shipping I'll send you out a new MIGV5 head tracker. I've got a few left over that will never sell now that that Trinity head tracker has been released.

Quentus
13th November 2013, 08:25 AM
Thanks FatShark for the prompt response. I will go ahead and start a ticket. Thanks!

PitchBitch
13th November 2013, 12:33 PM
MX-16 is very easy to Setup for Headtracking. Took me like 2 minutes with the Attitude SD. Does the MX 20 get a Signal from the Attitude SD?

Ashworthb
15th November 2013, 09:04 PM
I don't seem able to find a cable that will connect Attitude SD (Fat Shark Headset) to a Spektrum transmitter (DX18). Does one exist?

hpcoolahan
15th November 2013, 10:54 PM
yes ..http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__20650__Fatshark_FPV_PS2_3_5mm_JR_HT_Connection_C able_1_meter_.html

or http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=165_107&products_id=676

But these are only if your radio supports the use of a heatracker through the trainer port.
Check the beginning of this thread for a list of compatability

Ashworthb
16th November 2013, 12:08 AM
While I'm still waiting for a cable to connect my Attitude SD headset to my Spektrum DX18QQ, I'm fairly certain that this transmitter will work as the trainer port is programmable (can activate channels 5 & 6 and inhibit all other channels). Anyone have experience with the DX18QQ?

Ashworthb
16th November 2013, 12:12 AM
I believe that the Spektrum DX18QQ will support head tracking as channels 1 - 8 are individually programmable through the trainer port.

ipfixe
20th November 2013, 02:55 PM
[SOLVED]

I just buy an attitude SD goggles, and i try to use it with a DX7s. I setup the google for using channel 5 and 7 (thanks to hpcoolahan). I used this thread for configuring my DX7s. With no cable i can use the DX7s rotating switch to pan the camera, but when i switch my transmitter in slave, my camera don't move.
Does anyone use a DX7s ?
What's wrong with my setup ?

Thank's for all your ideas ;-)

grandpa strap
24th November 2013, 07:01 PM
I did a thread search here and got no hits. Does anyone know if the tactic ttx650 can be used with my attitude headtracking system?