View Full Version : Panner's blog
16th July 2012, 07:22 PM
Hey, just getting into the fpv sport. Just curious about a few things:
How many lipo batteries should one have?
Has anyone built a V-22 osprey? Quadcopter and plane combined?
What percentage of awesome fpv videos are never made public (to avoid self-incrimination)?
How many females are members of this forum?
Working on a ZII build, I'll post some pictures shortly.
16th July 2012, 09:14 PM
Hahaha I love the questions il try to answer them to the best of my knowledge:
1. It depends on what your are accomplishing, if you have 2 batteries it makes a more reliable aircraft as if one fails you will still have enough to get home. Most people that run 2S or >4S use a converter to change the voltage to 12 or 5 volts for use by the VTx or camera. If you have a video battery I personally find that as a weakness because if that fails you loose your video feed...
2. Yes people have built V22 ospreys, none that I know of have FPV though. Yes actually my good friend ITman actually is building a tricopter wing http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?6008-Random-idea
3. If you mean ever made public. Not that many im guessing 10-20 have ever been shown on the news worldwide. But if your referring to people who don't upload their videos I don't know, I know that some people hide there videos in private so that only people on FPVLab can watch them but I don't know a percentage.
4. I don't know how many females are on here nor do I think they would like this type of thing BUT I know there are somewhere that like FPV.
17th July 2012, 11:30 AM
1. As many batts as possible!
2. This is the best RC tiltrotor I've seen. There are a couple V-22 kits but they are super pricey.
3. Lots. Some countries are cracking down on long range/high altitude flights and some people have had to remove a few videos or make them private. Other people censor themselves out of fear of the same.
4. There's probably a few at least.
6th November 2012, 01:25 AM
just got done with a great day of flying over the sunset
Also we just finished up our largest solar battery bank to date! 8,333AH @48V
6th November 2012, 06:36 AM
That's a lot of batteries! What do you do?
I thought about an FPV osprey, but the best available kit (rotormast) is a bit spendy for messing around with. Maybe one day.
Vit - I think they had way too much fun making that video lol.
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.1.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.