PDA

View Full Version : HAM LICENSE GIVE-AWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SENTRY
29th December 2011, 03:30 PM
What? You thought I'd be able to just GIVE you your license? LOL - Fail!!! ;)

Sander and his ImmersionRC FPV machine:
http://www.eht.com/oldradio/RV-front.jpg

Alright ladies... here it is. There will some free stuff available for all of the FPV pilots who complete their HAM license from now until 31 JAN 2012. To win, you will need to be able to provide your call sign for verification. For everyone who takes the exam in January (and is a member of FPVLAB)... your name will go into the hat. We'll draw names for some pretty good prizes.

** 1st up, READYMADERC (http://www.readymaderc.com/store/) will be giving away a brand spanking new RMRC 600XV CAMERA (http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_62_12&products_id=582) which yours truly has and will be showcasing soon on a new (to you, not to me) rig. This is a $115.00 value. I personally fly the XV series since it works from 5 - 15v (I hate 12v cameras on 3S planes for obvious reasons).

** 2nd up - FPVLAB will be tossing in a LM 2.4gHz RX (Pro Portable Version)
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/bmz_cache/9/90da8ae542de9689e0647d45907e8775.image.750x425.jpg

In fact, I may have 2 of these available - it's a $100 value. I'll be looking around the lab for some other goodies as well - so stay tuned, the more goodies we can come up with the more chances you have to win - as we'll draw names for the total number of prizes that we have.

STAY TUNED TO THIS THREAD, bc the prize pool will DEFINITELY grow as I find time to look in the Lab and see what I have for you guys - and in case you didn't know, I have like 2 of everything ever made - LOL - and I definitely need to slim down.

If there are any other sponsors on here that want to add to the prize pool then send me a message. :)

1) here is how you can find a test site : http://www.arrl.org/finding-an-exam-session

2) Practice Exams : http://www.qrz.com/ht/

3) Study Guide(s) : http://kb6nu.com/tech-manual/

Flakb8
29th December 2011, 03:37 PM
hitting the books, gotta get legal...........subscribed

Vitamin J
29th December 2011, 03:40 PM
Already decided to test on Jan 7th so I'll post back. Is the Technician License good enough or do I need a General License? I'm having a hard time figuring out the difference since they seem to give you the same privileges.

SENTRY
29th December 2011, 03:47 PM
Technician's Class is fine, unless you have a 145,876.3 watt vTx/UHF tx. :) Study guides adn test-site information posted.

Freshmint
29th December 2011, 04:18 PM
E= R+I = <3

aeryck
29th December 2011, 04:23 PM
Damn, shoulda waited to get my license heh.

Scotttu
29th December 2011, 04:47 PM
I scheduled mine yesterday for 28 January - did the FCC preregistration yesterday as well.

Eyeseeyou
29th December 2011, 05:24 PM
Any wiggle room on the dates? I passed test for Technician Dec17th. KF7TIJ

SENTRY
29th December 2011, 05:25 PM
Any wiggle room on the dates? I passed test for Technician Dec17th. KA7TIJ

I wish I could... but hit me up offline and we'll see what setup you're running and I may have something that you can use ;)

h0tr0d
29th December 2011, 05:34 PM
Hrmm...would an upgrade count?

You suckers who don't have anything should get legit lol.

SENTRY
29th December 2011, 05:36 PM
Well - the push is to get as many new legal FPVr's as we can. We have to present ourselves as professionals and not renegades breaking the law and playing with toys if we don't want to be regulated out of existence. So let's just try to help the new HAMS out there 1st. :)

h0tr0d
29th December 2011, 05:39 PM
Well - the push is to get as many new legal FPVr's as we can. We have to present ourselves as professionals and not renegades breaking the law and playing with toys if we don't want to be regulated out of existence. So let's just try to help the new HAMS out there 1st. :)

I hear ya. I think this is a great thing you're putting on to be honest Sentry....good on ya.

Vitamin J
29th December 2011, 05:41 PM
The transmitters still aren't stamped ;)

SENTRY
29th December 2011, 05:53 PM
^ one step at a time - LOL.

justabigham
29th December 2011, 07:12 PM
I been licensed since 1978 and it is a great hobby!!!!

ZobZibZab
29th December 2011, 08:43 PM
That is a very good initiative :-)

volto
29th December 2011, 08:45 PM
Good idea Sentry, thanks for doing this - stuff like this will improve the hobby as a whole.

aeryck
30th December 2011, 10:30 AM
I took the extra step and applied for (and received) my vanity callsign heh.. Too many people had "UAV" as a vanity so I opted for "FPV".

h0tr0d
30th December 2011, 10:30 AM
Here's a link to the technician exam question pool:

http://www.ncvec.org/page.php?id=349 (http://www.ncvec.org/page.php?id=349)
You can download them in the format you prefer.

I printed this list out and memorized only the correct answer to each question doing half of them one evening and half the next, then went on the qrz.com link that Sentry posted up and took practice exams until I could pass every single one of them with at least an 90% score....took another couple evenings. Then I took the test and only missed 1 question. IMO the study book is BORING and if you're like me, you'll lose interest quickly. You can always go back and revisit sections of interest after you have your license.

BloomingtonFPV
30th December 2011, 12:01 PM
At the risk of a self-aggrandizing crosspost, here is a thread on rcg with helpful tips:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1384449

Pooch
30th December 2011, 12:18 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/303/hamy.png

Please to send free stuff.

SENTRY
30th December 2011, 12:25 PM
LMFAO

MASHTON1138
30th December 2011, 01:01 PM
Guess I need to wait for the next one since the only ones offered this month in NC are over 2 Hours away. :(

Hans
30th December 2011, 01:09 PM
I got one too :)

It was really cheap, only about 5000 bhutanese ngultrum which is, i don't know, $5? Anyway, the questions weren't that hard i think. Just some basic stuff like: What is your adress, age, social security number and so on. They even saved me a lot of money you know! When i told them i wanted to pay by paypal, they said that paypal just got hacked by some anonymous dude or something and it was a lot safer to pay by creditcard over the phone. Which i did of course, such nice people to help me :) I think they must be FPV-pilots too! The only other thing i had to do, was send them a blank sheet of paper with my signature on it, so they could copy my signature to the licence. Easy as pie! I would definetly recommend them!

http://www.hanspalmboom.nl/dump/ham.jpg

roberto
30th December 2011, 03:43 PM
ROFLOL... Hans...

FPVer
31st December 2011, 11:53 AM
I am very tempted, this is a great idea. I'm in the UK, what sort of licence will I need to enter? (foundation, intermediate or advanced). I am fairly well read on electronics and have a grandfather who used to teach electromagnetic theory so I think I should be OK :)

CaliDave
31st December 2011, 02:13 PM
Dang... I gotta wait about 9 years before I can enter. Tsss, worst $15 I ever spent!

Infernal Bill
3rd January 2012, 04:03 PM
Nice contest, Sentry. I got licensed on 11/23, and if I can do it anyone can. I hardly knew the difference between a watt and a volt when I got started with this. Now....

SENTRY
5th January 2012, 12:36 PM
UP :)

Vitamin J
7th January 2012, 01:32 PM
Just passed with 100% :cool: I'll post back when I get a callsign, should be Thur or Fri.

jamesomega
9th January 2012, 05:41 AM
Great contest! I got my license back in '96 when there was a code requirement for Tech Plus. Please excuse an unrelated question, but where are folks picking up your HAM tuned Tx FPV equipment?

nick_75au
9th January 2012, 06:43 AM
Im a bad ass.... but the HAM tests are quite a bit more involved in the land of Oz, I've just sent an enquiry to the local club, no reply yet, but it looks like we need to have a standard licence (foundation looks like your technician licence on cursory inspection) the Foundation only allows commercial equipment unmodified and only voice and CW communications.

Australian Licence types (http://vkfaq.ampr.org/lictypes.php)

As I'm new to all this some of what's written makes little sense to me

Nick

IBCrazy
9th January 2012, 01:15 PM
Great contest! I got my license back in '96 when there was a code requirement for Tech Plus. Please excuse an unrelated question, but where are folks picking up your HAM tuned Tx FPV equipment?

All you need to do is verify that your transmissions comply with FCC part 90. It doesn't matter who made the equipment, it just matters that the transmissions it makes fall within the proper guidelines. All you need is a frequency counter to verify that your transmitter is operating at the proper frequency and power level. Only unlicensed users need FCC approved devices.

-Alex

roberto
9th January 2012, 01:58 PM
Even if I got my licence, I would still be illegal. Here in Bra, your device has to be approved by the agency for your operation to be legal. I think the only radios that people actually had the sales volume for agency approval ( itīs an expensive and time consuming task ) were the Futabas.

BTW, I have an AMA approved Futaba here with me... do they still do that? :)

Vitamin J
12th January 2012, 05:02 PM
I got my callsign:
KD0QLU

:D

jamesomega
12th January 2012, 05:36 PM
All you need to do is verify that your transmissions comply with FCC part 90. It doesn't matter who made the equipment, it just matters that the transmissions it makes fall within the proper guidelines. All you need is a frequency counter to verify that your transmitter is operating at the proper frequency and power level. Only unlicensed users need FCC approved devices.

-Alex

Great info Alex, and thanks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're using HAM bands for video Tx/Rx, then shouldn't you have your callsign readable in your OSD feed in case it's being monitored? For voice and cw, I know that it's required to announce your callsign every 15 minutes and after each broadcast, but I'm not entirely certain what the rules are for video.

CaliDave
12th January 2012, 05:38 PM
I got my callsign:
KD0QLU

Congrats J!!!

-Dave KJ6NCQ

SENTRY
12th January 2012, 06:10 PM
Congrats Vajayjay :)

jamesomega
12th January 2012, 07:38 PM
I got my callsign:
KD0QLU

Yay, congratulations J!!

WB6ZWC

IBCrazy
13th January 2012, 08:38 AM
Great info Alex, and thanks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're using HAM bands for video Tx/Rx, then shouldn't you have your callsign readable in your OSD feed in case it's being monitored? For voice and cw, I know that it's required to announce your callsign every 15 minutes and after each broadcast, but I'm not entirely certain what the rules are for video.

Sort of. In the case of ATV (amatuer TV) there is an exception which allows you to label you transmitter with your callsign and info instead of having it on the screen. You can also transmit your callsign on the audio channel. Get a cheap lighweight audio recorder kit from Ebay (radio Shack used to sell them) and record your callsign. The recorder holds 30 seconds of audio, so you can put it on a loop and broadcast your callsign every 30 seconds.

In my case I just use my OSD do transmit my callsign. It's easy with a Remzibi. You can put any text you want in for certain parameters and then just move it on the screen where you want it.

-Alex
KJ4RIV

bsbauman
13th January 2012, 10:29 AM
I am gong to go ahead and get my license, thanks for the incentive!

Quick question that I did not see on the website was if there is a cost involved? Do we have to pay a fee to take the test? If so, how much does it cost?

aeryck
13th January 2012, 10:39 AM
I am gong to go ahead and get my license, thanks for the incentive!

Quick question that I did not see on the website was if there is a cost involved? Do we have to pay a fee to take the test? If so, how much does it cost?

$15 fee for the test. It's a one-time fee for the test session, and you can take as many elements as you feel ready for.. So, if you attend one test session and can pass the technician, general, and extra class exam elements, then you can get your extra class license for $15.. I passed the technician and general class exams, but didn't feel ready for the extra class exam. Besides, for FPV purposes, only the Technician class is required.

Kibbly Cheese
13th January 2012, 10:53 AM
probably wont get it by the 31st but will be getting within a month or two!

jimmaplesong
13th January 2012, 01:52 PM
I'm gonna go tonight to take the test if I can get through today's snow storm.

Scotttu
18th January 2012, 01:07 AM
I'm taking it January 28th - here is a SUPERB practice test.

Everything I'm reading says the test has not varied "Greatly" in a few years. I printed out the PDF study guide and here are the answers:

https://www.hamtestonline.com

airtruksrus
18th January 2012, 03:39 AM
I'm taking it January 28th - here is a SUPERB practice test.

Everything I'm reading says the test has not varied "Greatly" in a few years. I printed out the PDF study guide and here are the answers:

https://www.hamtestonline.com

I thought you already had your license already.

Sheesh, got my test scheduled on the same day over in Coupeville. Going through hamexam.org for the practice flashcards and tests. Helped me out greatly.

The two ham operators in my club have been helping out to get me ready as well.

aeryck
18th January 2012, 09:15 AM
There is a great practice test feature at www.qrz.com (http://www.qrz.com) - you need to create a login but it's free and only requires an email address. That's the resource I used when studying for my exams.

There's also practice test apps for Android-based smartphones, as well. There may be one for the iphone, but I dunno.

Scotttu
18th January 2012, 09:31 AM
aeryck - the one I showed *IS* the test (so it appears).

no spam based login required either, just google one of hte study questions and voila hamtestonline keeps coming up - FREE....

Anyone that requires an email adds you to yet another spam database, it's how the internet works. Then they sell you for pennies on the dollar.

MileHunter
18th January 2012, 12:53 PM
I just found out about this thread, though I have planned since December to get my License about the time my Ritewing is finished (about mid January). I am late on both, so will be taking the test this weekend, and will hope I am in the database before the end of January.

MileHunter
21st January 2012, 06:40 PM
Just passed Technician easily (missed 2) and will post when I get a call sign. Tried the General also and missed by just one question, bummer.

pc_pilot
24th January 2012, 10:09 AM
Hello Guys, I would love to enter the contest. Just got my ham license last week. KD2BLH

pc_pilot

Hemmi
24th January 2012, 10:17 AM
Dang I scheduled my test for 2/11. LOL

Aim2fly
28th January 2012, 12:01 PM
Alright! Took my technician test 1/21/12. Got my call sign on 1/27/12.
So please, throw my name into the hat. Thanks! KF5ODB

Scotttu
28th January 2012, 02:25 PM
Just passed my test, waiting on call sign..and FPVLab decals :)

airtruksrus
28th January 2012, 06:03 PM
Went and got the test out of the way, should get the callsign Wednesday.

Scotttu
28th January 2012, 07:27 PM
BTW - Was at the test site with some prehistoric looking dudes giving the test and they asked what my interest was - told them R/C planes, with camera etc etc...FPV

Guy sitting next to me says "No Shit, that's why I"m here too!" - he explained that some 8 year old kid showed him and he was hooked.

He went and bought a plane, learned to fly and then 30 days later ordered all the FPV gear and a pusher/glider...

He's up about 60 miles north but I sent him a link to get here...

airtruksrus
28th January 2012, 11:52 PM
Yup, they were almost the same over here, even got pushed into taking the general rating from my copilot - the test administrator - and passed it without even studying, told him i wanted to study up for the extra before even attempting it.

Tom would have been flying his wing in the video flying at the park except he lost all his prop hardware on launch.

Scotttu
1st February 2012, 04:14 PM
Checked again today and that FRN PRE registration was a phenomenal idea

See my signature line!

KF7TRX

SENTRY
1st February 2012, 04:19 PM
Ok - to everyone who passed their exam (sorry - this is only for January) - PM me your call-sign. Also - some details about your FPV setup would be helpful!!! Congrats to all the January HAMS!!!

airtruksrus
1st February 2012, 04:43 PM
Haven't seen my call sign up on the uls database yet, just have to be patient till then.

Scotttu
1st February 2012, 04:44 PM
Haven't seen my call sign up on the uls database yet, just have to be patient till then.

Did you do the FRN pre-registration?
Mine took 3 days, but I heard 2 weeks if you didn't do the fRN pre-reg...

Vitamin J
1st February 2012, 04:47 PM
I didn't pre-reg and I got my callsign in like 4 days.

MileHunter
1st February 2012, 05:12 PM
My exam was on the Jan. 21, a paper exam, and I am still waiting for my callsign. I am sure the application (FRN?) process was done the night of the test. Sentry, do you consider having the callsign in the database to qualify for January? If so, I am fine with that, and I wouldn't qualify, for whatever reason it is delayed, or would you allow the certificated PM'd to you as proof of the exam?

airtruksrus
1st February 2012, 06:19 PM
yeah, i pre registered about a month before taking the exam on the 28th.

bluehighway
1st February 2012, 06:33 PM
If you sit for the exam, presuming you pass the Tech test, I really encourage you to take the General exam in the same sitting. As I recall there was not additional charge when I did this in 06. A little common sense and basic electrical knowldege can go a long way. Same thing for the Extra.

Steve
KS4G

MileHunter
1st February 2012, 07:05 PM
If you sit for the exam, presuming you pass the Tech test, I really encourage you to take the General exam in the same sitting. As I recall there was not additional charge when I did this in 06. A little common sense and basic electrical knowldege can go a long way. Same thing for the Extra.

Steve
KS4G

I should have studied up better. With only three hours study on the General, I missed it by one. Now, 2 weeks later I am ready to take both the General and Extra with an uncanny ambition to take every level I can. I think it would be cool to encourage everyone to reach the highest level (Extra), I am thinking of supporting special prizes for those that get Extra here on FPVLAB if it gets enough support. I get the feeling it is going to be important for all FPVers to know the rules, of what they can and can't do, as this interaction between the FCC world and FPV world collide.

airtruksrus
1st February 2012, 09:33 PM
Found it finally, went through the fcc database and found the frn search, KF7TSE

already started studying the flash cards for the extra, test again at the end of the month.

Scotttu
1st February 2012, 11:03 PM
KF7TRX (mine)
KF7TSE (you)

Wow! Cool!

Congrats!

airtruksrus
1st February 2012, 11:56 PM
Now i don't have to be bothered by those pesky ham operators in the club asking when am i going to take the test...

Only took me about 6 years.

MileHunter
1st February 2012, 11:57 PM
Finally got mine, just came in. KF7TSM

FPV FLYER
2nd February 2012, 08:30 PM
Got mine as well.

FPV FLYER
3rd February 2012, 05:09 AM
Let me rephrase...

"I am HAM, HAM I am
I like green eggs and HAM!
I do! I like them, HAM-I-am!"

roberto
3rd February 2012, 05:56 AM
I donīt like green eggs and HAM.

FPV FLYER
3rd February 2012, 05:19 PM
Neither do I ;) It's taken from a children's book.

Airborne
3rd February 2012, 05:25 PM
Really? Which one? ;)

aaron_gx
3rd February 2012, 05:30 PM
Green eggs ans ham. My favorite Dr. seuss book as a kid.

FPV FLYER
3rd February 2012, 05:40 PM
It's supposed to be SAM I AM... I said HAM I AM....silly.

pc_pilot
4th February 2012, 05:16 PM
Hello Guys, Were the winners chosen already?

WildWill
4th February 2012, 06:33 PM
BTW - Was at the test site with some prehistoric looking dudes giving the test and they asked what my interest was - told them R/C planes, with camera etc etc...FPV

Guy sitting next to me says "No Shit, that's why I"m here too!" - he explained that some 8 year old kid showed him and he was hooked.

He went and bought a plane, learned to fly and then 30 days later ordered all the FPV gear and a pusher/glider...

He's up about 60 miles north but I sent him a link to get here...

Still waiting on my stuff :) As soon as it comes in and I get everything set up and tuned we gotta go flying!

Dang, I think I must have just missed this. KF7TRU

Scotttu
5th February 2012, 03:17 PM
Still waiting on my stuff :) As soon as it comes in and I get everything set up and tuned we gotta go flying!

Dang, I think I must have just missed this. KF7TRU

Wow, you finished about 30 mins before me and we're two digits off :)

Pretty cool!! And if you email or PM Sentry no, you did take your test before the deadline!! (I was there! LOL)

aeryck
5th February 2012, 03:54 PM
Wow, you finished about 30 mins before me and we're two digits off :)

Pretty cool!! And if you email or PM Sentry no, you did take your test before the deadline!! (I was there! LOL)

Heh, my brother and I took our tests at the same time, he finished before me, and our callsigns were sequential... Well, they were until I got my vanity call. =]

SENTRY
5th February 2012, 04:05 PM
Ok guys - please send me all of the January passes by Tuesday. I'll need call-sign, test date - etc. Thanx

Grips
5th February 2012, 07:18 PM
I've been studying for mine for the past two months when ever I get the time. I've been having a hard time finding information on the different block diagrams for receivers/etc.

Where the hell can I find GOOD information about carrier signals and Side bands?

Hemmi
11th February 2012, 01:12 PM
I Passed my technician today. Missed General by 2 question :( KK4HBG

JBeloncik
12th February 2012, 02:33 PM
Just passed technician, gonna take my free shot at general now!

airbagit13
12th February 2012, 07:38 PM
Good idea Jason. Very cool

Vitamin J
13th February 2012, 11:25 AM
Did you already have the prize drawings?

JBeloncik
13th February 2012, 11:47 AM
Well, the general clearly has a lot of content I never studied for! :) I got maybe 60% correct, but did a whole lotta guessing! I'm not sure the general license really makes a difference for FPV necessarily, but for those of you studying for the technician's license, just know that if you pass, you have the option to take the general as well if you pass (for no additional charge, and no penalty if you fail). So, once you feel confident on the technician info, might not hurt to study for a few hours on the general material as well.

Only missed one on the technician though! The study guide Sentry linked to on the first post is perfect for cramming! If any of you don't have access to a copier and wants a nice laser printed copy of it, I'll be happy to send it to you.

SENTRY
14th February 2012, 12:37 PM
Ok guys- back from PuertoRico. Give me some time to catch up and we'll get the winners some stuffis. :)

pc_pilot
22nd February 2012, 12:21 PM
Hello Sentry, Who were the lucky guys who won all the good stuff?

SENTRY
22nd February 2012, 01:19 PM
Yes - let me reach out to RMRC to see if he is ready.

healthyfatboy
23rd February 2012, 11:13 AM
How about a contest for those that were already HAMs!
Great idea. This will get people a little more knowledgeable about what they are using.

W4UAV
27th February 2012, 01:11 AM
Yes this is a great initiative, good job!
Ive been a ham since '95..

pc_pilot
29th February 2012, 09:21 AM
This contest is what pushed me to get the Ham License. I planned on getting it but this contest made it happen sooner. I hope I win something :).

pc_pilot
5th March 2012, 11:41 AM
Sentry, This has got to be the longest wait for a contest drawing. I have my fingers crossed that I win something. :)

SENTRY
5th March 2012, 11:43 AM
Ok - i will annouce tomorrow - sorry, had a lot coming across my desk --- the Puerto Rico trip made me e-famous. LOL.

WildWill
5th March 2012, 12:32 PM
I hope I win!!!

airtruksrus
5th March 2012, 07:16 PM
Has it been put out how many people received their qualifications for this contest?

SENTRY
7th March 2012, 09:02 AM
These are the FPVLAB members that completed the HAM in January.

VITAMINJ
MILEHUNTER
PCPILOT
AIM2FLY
SCOTTU
AIRTRUKSRUS
FPV FLYER
HEALTHYFATBOY
WILDWILL

When I get to my daughters school for lunch I am going to have her draw names out of a hat..... oh the suspense :)

Vitamin J
8th March 2012, 05:24 PM
Well did you draw winners or not?! I gotta have closure man!

WildWill
9th March 2012, 08:46 PM
oh the suspense :)

Man! You weren't kidding!!

CaliDave
10th March 2012, 10:43 AM
You guys didn't read the fine print in the contest. The winner is one of those who got their HAM license in early in the year, but the prizes are only given out when the license expires.

Hans
10th March 2012, 11:00 AM
http://i.qkme.me/36j6yz.jpg

SENTRY
10th March 2012, 12:36 PM
VITAMINJ wins the vRx
SCOTTU wins the camera

jimmaplesong
10th March 2012, 12:40 PM
clap clap clap... yeay... I take my HAM test on Monday.

airtruksrus
10th March 2012, 02:51 PM
Big congrats to the winners.

Scotttu will have to show off the new cam if we can get a place to do the fpv meet soon.

Scotttu
10th March 2012, 04:13 PM
Woot!!! Awesome! I don't often win things!! If sentry flies wiht one, it's definitely got to be a good camera!

it'll go on my EZStar since I'm flying with a screw-lens and it's visible in the cam....
I also cut the cable before configuring the cam...So I need to figure out how to configure it, goes to black and white when dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=014AGELFT6c

MileHunter
10th March 2012, 05:25 PM
Congrats you guys, awesome contest, awesome cause.

WildWill
10th March 2012, 05:31 PM
Congrats guys!!

Tracks
10th March 2012, 06:15 PM
Congratulations VitaminJ and Scotttu! Just passed the Canadian exam today: 92%! :D

airbagit13
10th March 2012, 09:06 PM
Congrats guys!

CaliDave
10th March 2012, 09:13 PM
Nice work guys! The real prize is the right to use those frequencies legally. We also have the right to physically stop those using them who don't have their license! *** Note: This is not true.

Tracks
10th March 2012, 09:19 PM
The best is the callsign selection. My first two picks were VA3RTH and VA3OSD as a tip of my hat to FPV. I'll find out on Tuesday which one I got.

Vitamin J
11th March 2012, 06:57 PM
Awesome! Thanks SENTRY! What VRX did I win lol?

joshhartung
19th March 2012, 11:52 AM
Yeehaw! Got my Tech in prep for going live with 2.4GHz. First successful flight yesterday!

Also got great random callsign assignment: KF7UNK

Say hello to Kay-Fizzunk!

Scotttu
9th April 2012, 06:50 PM
Today I received a VERY nice RMRC camera and this thing looks like it's built strong!!!

So Thanks to Sentry for setting this up, and thanks to RMRC for donating prizes!

Hopefully fpvlab will do this again in the future, it motivated me! :)

bicycle
7th May 2012, 02:51 PM
Just took my exam today and qualified for basic with honours. Now the waiting part.

Scotttu
7th May 2012, 03:06 PM
Congrats!!

I wonder if the FCC is sitting back going "Hmmm there's a lot of interest in HAM this year"....:D