PDA

View Full Version : new v2 hardware/software naza issues. Sticks not centered

serpa4
30th July 2013, 11:17 PM
Well, brand new naza v2 installed. All calibrations are good. The sticks show green repeatedly except the throttle since it's to the left and not centered. If I move the TX throttle to center, then it shows green.

My problem is when the quad/naza is sitting on the ground ready to fly, the throttle is full down (off) and the naza flashes Green 3 times very quickly. If I center the sticks, it goes to slow green (GPS lock).

The same thing happens in ATTI mode. With the throttle full off/down, the LED flashes three times fast saying the sticks are not centered. I can put the throttle in the center position, and it fixes itself.

Of course, with the throttle centered, I cannot CSC and start the motors and thus cannot start the motors.

I have updated the firmware on the NAZA to 3.14 and the PMU to 2.0.4 box also.

PeteDee
31st July 2013, 04:22 AM
Run through the stick calibrations a few times.

Pete

londonguy
31st July 2013, 05:50 AM
Yeah the software is funny. Often times it will show off-centre, need to calibrate and then safe settings. then restart everything and it usually fixes itself.

serpa4
31st July 2013, 06:48 AM
I'll do it again, but I have run it many times. The sticks are centered, except throttle. The NAZA won't start because the throttle is not centered. When I center the throttle, the tripple green flashing light goes away. But if the throttle is centered, how can you execute the CSC to start the motors?

Red Dog NZ
31st July 2013, 07:21 AM
The Throttle doesn't need to be centered on the assistant software. The Throttle should end up all the way over to the left hand side after you run the TX calibration and it's colour should be black. The other three sticks should be centered, and green.

I upgraded to the new software, and found that it took longer for the Naza to do it's thing, before I could arm the motors, also the throttle did not have to be centered. I got the sticks not centered flashes but it wasn't a problem. Takes around 70 seconds to do it's thing. Then down and inwards with the sticks arms the motors and away she goes.

I got jack of that and went back to the old version of the assistant and firmware. Running V1 though. Can't downgrade the V2