PDA

View Full Version : NAZA LITE IS ON THE WAY!!!

Mongrel Gear
21st June 2013, 08:14 PM
NAZA LITE IS ON THE WAY!!!

http://www.mongrelgear.com.au/flight-controllers/naza-m-lite-gps-detail.html

Gut Stuff
22nd June 2013, 10:38 AM
When compared to the Naza v2, what is missing on Nazareth Lite?

anderre
22nd June 2013, 10:58 AM
It doesn't feature Love Hurts as startup tune ...
(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

PeteDee
22nd June 2013, 06:45 PM
The main difference is that you cannot use the PMU, mostly not need for FPV anyway, makes a nice package for flying a quad FPV when you want to have a RTH feature but don't need the extra features. All detailed at DJI.

I needed another GPS to go with one of my V1's, works out better to grab a complete Lite, use the GPS with my V1 and then have a spare Naza Lite for cheap to use on my 330 that does not need GPS.

NAZA LITE IS ON THE WAY!!!

http://www.mongrelgear.com.au/flight-controllers/naza-m-lite-gps-detail.html

Thanks MG, order is in.

Pete

Mongrel Gear
23rd June 2013, 03:57 AM
Yep - Pretty much what he said! :) Most just that there is no expandability options on the Lite.

PeteDee
4th July 2013, 05:39 AM
Had to go to Sydney today and almost gave you a call to see if I could detour and pick up the new Naza Lite and BirdDog motors on the way back but I resisted, looks like you had been extra efficient and had them shipped anyway. Damn I hate waiting.... ;-)

Mongrel Gear
4th July 2013, 05:49 AM
Oh Pete!!! If you had of told me I could have made an exception to the "no pick up" policy. :( Ahh well... now you have something to look forward to. :)

PeteDee
4th July 2013, 07:53 AM
All good, waiting on a replacement Core to rebuild into my Disco so no real hurry on the motors and I can steal the GPS off my Disco for my 550 until the new one arrives with the Lite package so I have a bit to go on with.

That aside when are you going to drop past one Sunday morning at our northside FPV arena for a visit?

Mongrel Gear
4th July 2013, 08:41 AM
Where and when mate? I just need notice so I can arrange myself etc. :) But if there is an invite - I would love to come. Who do you fly with?

PeteDee
4th July 2013, 02:22 PM
We usually fly Sunday mornings near Bonner but my flying buddy Evan totaled his tri yesterday, went in from 200 feet and destroyed his camera and vTx so will be a week or two before he is back in business and I am waiting on my new Core before I rebuild my Disco. I will drop you an email in a few week and try and pick a morning with no fog.

Pete

Mongrel Gear
4th July 2013, 08:13 PM
No worries Pete.

Nasty about the Tri! I lost a quad a little while back. I did a stupid thing and while it was in a nice steady hover I went through my Futaba settings to the Servo Monitor screen and accidentally hit the the TEST button, and well, the quad wen't nuts!! It shot off like a bullet. :(

Lesson learned.

Pixturethis
4th July 2013, 08:30 PM
So the Lite is the same as the old Ver 1,
Right ?

Marc

Mongrel Gear
4th July 2013, 08:46 PM
Hi Marc,

That is a good question. I, personally have never played with the V1, so I can't tell you. :(

V2 though, is bloody awesome!!

The Lite's seem good too! We put one in a machine yesterday and it flew nice, out of the box! :)

Pixturethis
4th July 2013, 09:16 PM
K. Thanks. I just updated my v1 to the new firmware, so far so good. GPS hold is better, the warm up isn't bad if the temp of the quad is the same as the outside temp. Mine is taken 2 min to warm up.

Thanks Marc.

PeteDee
5th July 2013, 04:43 AM
My Lite just arrived today, they are stuck on the old Assistant and firmware as far as I understand, also you cannot add the new PMU, the V1 can use the new firmware and can also use the new PMU. I needed another GPS to use with my second Naza for my 550 hex (brushless gimbal ship) and it worked out that I get a spare Naza Lite for under $100, plan on using it on a mini 330 Discovery FPV ship as soon as I can buy some 1.5mm GF sheet.

Pete

Pixturethis
5th July 2013, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the info, what is the PMU for ?
Enjoy flying your Lite, just lost my qav400 late night with an older ver of the naza, like V.5
Odd it started doing the toilet bowl when I needed it, using RTH. I'll look for it this morning.
Marc

PeteDee
6th July 2013, 03:56 PM
The PMU is an expansion module that lets you plug in OSD, you cannot use this with the Naza Lite, for basic machines that is fine or if you have another OSD to use.

It does also mean you are stuck on the older version of firmware, some would say that is a good thing, me I don't mind flying with either.

Pete

Pixturethis
7th July 2013, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the info

I'm like you, I like both. New firmware hold a hover better, but is jerky while holding. But I like the way the old firmware feels in flight.

Marc.

Mongrel Gear
7th July 2013, 07:02 PM
I Haven't had time to fly one much, but the Lite seems to do a good job so far. :)

.Joel
11th July 2013, 09:08 AM
Mongrel, with the Naza Lite on a Disco Pro do you still get full pan/tilt motion over the gimbal?

Mongrel Gear
11th July 2013, 09:13 AM
Yes - My understanding is - that is correct!

PeteDee
13th July 2013, 04:37 PM
I Haven't had time to fly one much, but the Lite seems to do a good job so far. :)

I have a now had a few flights with a Lite on my DJI330, with defaults settings it flies very nicely, not using it with GPS but quite solid with little drift.

Heading out to Lake George for some long range testing today.

Pete

Mongrel Gear
13th July 2013, 10:04 PM
Nice!! Keep me posted mate.

PeteDee
14th July 2013, 02:24 AM
No flying this morning, rain is not my thing and Evan came down with man flu apparently. I did set up my micro cam for use on the 330 though, mini FPV here we come.

Mongrel Gear
17th July 2013, 08:35 PM
Yeah man - I know how you feel!! :(

I have 3 copters to test fly and have not been able to because - just too wet.

Hmm... I might be a good excuse to build a huge indoor flying area! LOL!!