PDA

View Full Version : Skylark Dianmu autopilot settings

LLD
3rd February 2013, 10:49 PM
Hi Skylark

I have been playing a bit with a Dianmu lately.

I was wondering what the function "stability" is doing in the Autopilot_PID menu ?

There is nothing mentioned in the manual.

My flying wing has some oscillations, even when I turned down the other values to a level that control is sluggish in stabilisation mode.

Thanks

doonunder
4th February 2013, 06:11 AM
Hi LLD, I have been where you have been, and solution is to lower throws, even if you have to add extension on the horn.

LLD
5th February 2013, 07:32 AM
I already tried that and it improved a bit.

But still I would like to know what this function is actually doing.

Skylark, would it be possible to explain a bit more in detail what these settings are doing ?

Papat
6th February 2013, 04:45 AM
I am not familiar with this particular OSD but usually the only parameter for the PID (control loop) is the gain. The gain is defined as the relationship between the angular speed measure from the IMU (accelerometers/gyros) and the position/speed command sent to the servos that counteract the measured speed.

If the gain is too high, the reaction (servos movement) is too strong and creates an overshoot that needs to be counteracted again and the ocillatory behaviour starts... The best gain value is the highest value that does not generate any oscillation. This is model dependent and cannot be predefined with factory settings.