PDA

View Full Version : Dominators/Attitude with DJI iOSD

joeb56
28th November 2012, 03:01 PM
Greetings
My first post so please be kind:)
I have the DJI iOSD and now need some goggles
Is there any way to connect the Dominator /Attitude using there iOSD 5.8 system AVL58
I'm led to believe the channels are not compatable with the standard 5.8 Rx fatshark uses
I want to run the DJI reciever thru my video capture device to record flight data and using the same channel thru the goggles at the same time
Doable???
cheers
Joe

joeb56
29th November 2012, 02:09 PM
When I said be gentle I didn't expect no replies:)
I guess that translates to - it can't be done
Oh well some more research required
cheers
Joe

sl4ppy
29th November 2012, 02:25 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I assume the DJI iOSD is an On Screen Display and doesn't have a video transmitter in it?

Usually you connect your camera to the input on the OSD and the output of the OSD to the input of the video transmitter. Then the video signal is transmitted to your video receiver, and your goggles plug in to the video receiver. If you're using the built in 5.8 receiver in the goggles, then you just need a matching video transmitter. If the iOSD isn't a transmitter (and a brief glance at the DJI webpage appears that it ISN'T) compatibility between goggles and DJI wouldn't enter into it.

If it is a transmitter, then yes, you need to make sure the channels match up.

The Fatshark receiver channels are as follows:
CH1: 5740 MHz CH2: 5760 MHz
CH3: 5780 MHz CH4: 5800 Mhz
CH5: 5820 MHz CH6: 5840 Mhz
CH7: 5860 MHz

You'd just need to make sure whatever channel your video transmitter is using uses one of these 7 frequencies.

joeb56
29th November 2012, 02:51 PM
Thats the issue in a nutshell the DJI frequencies don't match the ones for the Dominator
CH1-5705MHZ, CH2-5685MHZ, CH3-5665MHZ, CH4-5645MHZ, CH5-5885MHZ, CH6-5905MHZ, CH7-5925MHZ, and CH8-5945MHZ
The is another brand of goggles that does match (won't mention the name here) but I really like the Dominators so I am looking for a way to make it work
The DJI iOSD has a single AVI plug on its Rx which I run into the video capture card - maybe the answer is to get a second Rx and run that into the goggles - just trying to avoid wires and stuff - having the Rx built in to the headset is very attractive

sl4ppy
29th November 2012, 02:56 PM
I could be mistaken here as I don't know a lot about DJIs products, but this video makes it seem like you are misunderstanding how the iOSD works.

The iOSD sits on the QUAD itself, not on the ground next to you with your goggles plugged in. It's on the quad, and sits between your camera and your transmitter. So you need to add a 5.8 video transmitter to the iOSD and as long as that transmitter operates on the frequencies I outlined before, it should all just work fine.

If you look at the manual (here (http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/iosd/OSD_user_manual_en.pdf)), the diagram on page 6 shows you what I mean. The AV output connector connects to a video transmitter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WQ_m_MgP3cU

sl4ppy
29th November 2012, 03:12 PM
I think I now deciphered what you are saying.

Are you are using the DJI AVL58 video transmitter and receiver system? If so, and THAT's what's has incompatible frequencies with the Goggles, then your best be may just be to use a different video transmitter and receiver.

The DJI iOSD has a single AVI plug on its Rx which I run into the video capture card - maybe the answer is to get a second Rx and run that into the goggles - just trying to avoid wires and stuff - having the Rx built in to the headset is very attractive

What you are saying here is really confusing.

The DJI iOSD, according to the manual found here (http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/iosd/OSD_user_manual_en.pdf) has no Rx (receiver) of any kind. It has a 7-pin connector that leads to a video transmitter of some kind an A/V input that lets up to two camera's or a gimbal feed into it, an input for the autopilot and a battery input.

I'm baffled as to where you are plugging goggles into this thing.

joeb56
1st December 2012, 12:39 PM
Sorry I see the issue when I say iOSD i am really meaning the 5.8 TxRx I got with the iOSD its actually the AVL58 unit
Sorry for the confussion - I knew exactly what I meant:D:D
The Rx has one composite video out plug and thats it
So unless theres a spliter or something I could use I think I'm limited to getting a second Rx unit

sl4ppy
1st December 2012, 12:44 PM
Sorry I see th eissue when I say iOSD i am really meaning the 5.8 TxRx I got with the iOSD
Sorry for the confussion - I knew exactly what I meant:D:D
The Rx has one composite video out plug and thats it
So unless theres a spliter or something I could use I think I'm limited to getting a second Rx unit

That's what I figured. :)

Yes, you can split the video output. Something like this will work just fine.

http://www.amazon.com/NEEWERŪ-Female-Splitter-Adapter-Conventer/dp/B0069JYV9C/ref=sr_1_23?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1354383926&sr=1-23&keywords=Video+splitter

HJ Hackenbacker
4th December 2012, 05:12 AM
Have you looked at the module Team Blacksheep make for the Dominators, the do extra freq over the std channels
Cheers and Boomshanka

Slava
7th March 2013, 07:22 PM
I want to buy OSD from DJI , would like to ask who flies how do you know when you need land ? On the volts ?? Why they DJI , don't make and sensor like all OSD?

Thanks !

Rick
7th May 2013, 01:57 PM
I've got myself a dji osd to wire up. I thought that a current sensor would be handy but didn't think it essential as the indicator on the screen shows the status in terms of the voltage dropping and going into the two stages of low voltage warning/landing.

I didn't get the DJI video setup and will just use fatshark 5.8ghz that I have here. I do have the TBS module as well which I thinkit handy as it opens up other frequencies for the goggles to be used on not just the fat shark ones.

What I am struggling to get my head around is the switching of the video channel. (Same as I struggle to understand the wookong POI instructions etc). I just don't get it. I'll see if I can find someone who has it set up to tell me in simple terms how it works.